Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I built a new PC and chose EVGA GTX 1050 graphics card. It has one HDMI port, one displayport (DP) port, and one DVI port. I have one smart TV and one LG monitor both with HDMI outlets. When I connect either on its own via HDMI to the graphics card HDMI port they both work fine. Now this is the problem:

Connecting the second monitor either before stratup or after getting into windows 10 home screen via a DP to HDMI cable causes the PC to freeze, I get a black screen on both displays, and I have to manually restart the system. I tried connecting the cable to the card first, waiting 10s, then connection by the monitor with no success. When I connect only one monitor (tried both smart tv and monitor) via DP to HDMI cable, I get a green or Grey noise screen on the smart tv and nothing on the monitor. The latter gives me some false hope when it flickers and waits for signal and then goes into the back screen of death.

My MoBo has no built in graphic card so I can't plug in the monitor via usb or use a usb to HDMI converter.

I saw the following fixes but want to make sure if any works before investing in them:
1 - get an active DP to HDMI converter. Some people say it does not work.
2 - get a DVI to HDMI converter.
3- update Nvidia and windows drivers- done.
4- get another graphics card. Hell no.

Any help is appreciated.

Build: gegabyte aorus gaming ultra x299. i9 7920 proceccesor. 32 gb DDR4 ram 3200 MHz. Samsung 960 pro 512gb m2 NVMe sad. Windows 10.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,130 Posts
What monitor are you using. Maybe use another input? DP, DVI?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi ozlay. Thank you for your response.

I am using an LG 25UM58-P 25-Inch 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor and a Samsung UN40KU6300 40-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model). Both have HDMI ports but my graphics card has one HDMI port, so one monitor will be on HDMI and the other will have to be on DVI or DP. I tried the DP to HDMI and that was a failure. I am ordering a DVI to HDMI adapter. DO you have experience with this Graphics card?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts