Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 problems:

Firstly, when I boot up, the PC always boots to my Internal VGA rather than my GPU. I've followed several guides, reset all the booting priorities, but I have never been able to solve this, its not software related as I've used multiple operating systems and never solved it.

To boot onto my GPU I have to go onto BIOS Settings, then Exit + Save Changes (I've learnt what buttons to hit on the KB after several years so that I don't have to muck around with my VGA cables.

Secondly, following my upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate I was unable to use my Multi Monitor setup, until the recent nVidia update. Setup wise, I have a 19" Hitachi TV/Monitor Combo (its disgusting, really) and a 15" brandless monitor my OS refers to as "L5AK5" (also ****e
). Basically, if I want to get the dual set up working, I have to boot up using my 19", then plug the 15" in, change the settings to Extend display and then change the 19" back to primary.

If i boot up with them both plugged in, the 19" gets no output and is blank, where as the 15" displays what it should.

I'm overdue a new set on monitors and I should be replacing the 15" soonish but I'm skint to say the least.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
How are ya man? When i first started with win7 i had a similiar prob. Things to do:

First, unplug your secondary monitor. (your primary monitor should be plugged into your graphics card)
second: Head into your bios and look for first boot display device. Look for PCIE. set it.
third: boot up. If you get a display, then good. if, we;ll come back to that.
fourth: here's where i would reinstall my nvidia driver. Just a reg install over the existing driver.
after install, reboot.
all good? good. now, shut the computer down, plug your secondary monitor ionto the other port of your graphics card, and boot up.

at no time should a monitor be plugged into the mobo. Graphics card only.

At this point, bios should load on the secondary, windows is starting should be on secondary and the logon should come up on your primary.

Let me know how this works for you. I'll be around most of the day. If this doesn't help, we'll look in the nv control panel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I said in my original post:

Quote:
reset all the booting priorities,
The booting priorities are currently set to PCI Express/VGA

·
Registered
473 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
No i dont mean in the wrong way but you could have atleast changed the name of your thread...anyways its okay.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts