Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a dual output DAC for around £300 but haven't been able to find any.

I have a millett minimax headphone amp and a cambridge audio 640a stereo amp for my speakers and would like a way to switch between them easily with a DAC inline.

Is there are any other way of a achieving this? or is the only way with a dual output DAC?

·
Lep
1,385 Posts
I have a Cambridge audio DacMagic that fits into your budget.
It has XLR outputs(balanced/ unbalanced) and RCA(unbalanced). I'm very happy with mine. Should blend with your existing amp nicely

• Rep+
Reactions: beasty

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by .Sup View Post
I have a Cambridge audio DacMagic that fits into your budget.
It has XLR outputs(balanced/ unbalanced) and RCA(unbalanced). I'm very happy with mine. Should blend with your existing amp nicely

+1

If you don't have anything that can accept XLR, you can use an XLR -> Phono adapter

And it does go great with the MiniMax

EDIT:

Just adding this quote from the DAC Magic manual;

Quote:
It is possible to use the RCA phono connections and the XLR balanced connections at the same time, e.g. for connecting to different amplifiers or multi-room operations.

·
Lep
1,385 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tUDJ View Post
+1

If you don't have anything that can accept XLR, you can use an XLR -> Phono adapter

And it does go great with the MiniMax

EDIT:

Just adding this quote from the DAC Magic manual;
I just wanted to add that when I got my Auditor the manual said they do not advise the use of adapters but a XLR to RCA cable to be used instead. I know Cardas makes high quality adapters but they are expensive and I still think such cable as I mentioned above is the better solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.