Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am pretty sure most of you know about the dual PCIx slots in the new nForce4 board. I have been reading about it in maximum pc, i think they used dual 6800's that were bridged with a connector. First when this become available? Second do the video cards have to support this "dual mode"? Where would you get that little bridge connector? Would older graphics cards that were ATI be able to work in this? I guess i am just curious like a cat, thats why my friends call me whiskers.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
ASUS A8N-SLi board came out just about a week ago (it's the first I believe). Right now only 3 cards support SLi (dual video cards), the 6800Ultra, the 6800GT, and the 6600GT. I'm pretty sure the motherboard comes with the necessary bridge chip, ortherwise I'd expect the video cards to. It's not really worth it right now unless you're going to use dual 6600GTs (which is only slight faster than a 6800GT) because dual 6800GT or Ultras become severely limited by the processors (yes, your FX-55 included) so it's basically a waste of money until dual core chips show up.

·
Premium Member
22,005 Posts
Quake is pretty instensive, so I am willing to bet that some rich fool has gona and put dual optertons and daul 6800's in a board and gets 10,000 frames a second.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.