1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source

Steam Page

Quote:
Rise of the Tomb Raider has gotten its Steam page published ahead of release on PCs, which will be in January if the release window given on that same page is to be believed.

We knew that Rise of the Tomb Raider would come to PC sometime after its release on Xbox One and Xbox 360 this past holiday. Amazon had previously listed a January release date for the PC version, which was then changed to a placeholder date in March. While this appears to confirm a January release, we still have no official word from Square Enix or Crystal Dynamics yet. Below is the Steam image for Rise of the Tomb Raider.

January 2016 release date, looks like it's official!

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Cool, Definitely a purchase for me.

Thinking of the first TR brings back so many memories of that damned vertical tower in the cave with tigers at the bottom. Was so much fun and immersion back then.

·
Registered
4,220 Posts
I would have bought this if it came out before FO4... or they told us when the PC version would release sooner. Now it's too late. Already spoiled the story/ gameplay.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
I will be at the stores for midnight release on this title, as I did with Tomb Raider 2013.

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
I'm buying this to play with my nephew. We just finished all the Uncharted games on PS4 and we're playing through the first Tomb Raider (2013). Can't wait for this one. The graphics are going to melt my PC.

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I'll buy this when it hits a Steam sale for $10 or less.

I likes the 2013 TR, but I'm not going to pay full price for a game you play once and done in 8 hours.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Be interesting to see what Nvidia card this is bundled with (if the rumors are true)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post

I likes the 2013 TR, but I'm not going to pay full price for a game you play once and done in 8 hours.
Totally the same here.

I am interested to see if this will be bundled with a Nvidia card (and which ones) - may pickup a second 960 for SLI if there's a bundle with it

·
Reject the system
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaded War View Post

Ironically enough, I long for a game that would take about 10 hours to play. I don't have time for the 200+ hour games anymore in my life. There's a reason I didn't even bother with fallout 4. I know I won't have the time.

As long as those 10 hours are a hell of a ride from beginning to end, I'd say it's plenty worth it for me. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose!

• Rep+
Reactions: Jedi Mind Trick

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,993 Posts
my poor old PC wont be able to run it i dont think. so I got to wait till it comes out for PS4
frown.gif

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxxyarly View Post

Ironically enough, I long for a game that would take about 10 hours to play. I don't have time for the 200+ hour games anymore in my life. There's a reason I didn't even bother with fallout 4. I know I won't have the time.

As long as those 10 hours are a hell of a ride from beginning to end, I'd say it's plenty worth it for me. Different strokes for different folks, I suppose!
With these big games I have just started to do main story and the odd side mission because I just don't want to spend 100 hours +.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm excited for this. The last tomb raider was amazing, and this one got great reviews on the. I just hope it ship with SLI optimized.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
since it is being bundled with nvidia, if it hits the 960, i might do that build for my nephew i have been putting off,
biggrin.gif
free game is mine tho cause im terrible uncle like that
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post

my poor old PC wont be able to run it i dont think. so I got to wait till it comes out for PS4
frown.gif
Your i5 3570K and GTX 580 PC? That GPU isn't that far apart from the 7870, or the GPU that's in the PlayStation 4, GCN is a much more advanced architecture though.

Unless Rise of the Tomb Raider demands 2GB of VRAM I can see it performing decently on that GPU, or no that far off from a 7870 and 7850.

I can't believe that's a 5 year old GPU, wow! It was hanging in there pretty well against the Radeon 7850 and 7870 when they released in the earlier reviews of those cards in 2012.

·
Nvidia Enthusiast
9,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopicClocker View Post

Your i5 3570K and GTX 580 PC? That GPU isn't that far apart from the 7870, or the GPU that's in the PlayStation 4, GCN is a much more advanced architecture though.

Unless Rise of the Tomb Raider demands 2GB of VRAM I can see it performing decently on that GPU, or no that far off from a 7870 and 7850.

I can't believe that's a 5 year old GPU, wow! It was hanging in there pretty well against the Radeon 7850 and 7870 when they released in the earlier reviews of those cards in 2012.
I really dont think it can run it at all. i have to knock the 2013 game settings down to high and mediam if i play at 1080P to keep consistant 60 fps. this card is starting to show its age big time nowadays especially at 1080P

·
Premium Member
8,233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by philhalo66 View Post

I really dont think it can run it at all. i have to knock the 2013 game settings down to high and mediam if i play at 1080P to keep consistant 60 fps. this card is starting to show its age big time nowadays especially at 1080P
You'll be able to play at near console graphic settings and framerates.

Which is Medium-High at Sub 60fps.

Game Still looks great on my Xbox One, though probably would have waited if I knew the PC version would come out so quickly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Purchased the last game for $5 bucks during a steam sale. Got it for the benchmark. Still have never played it! With this many people playing it I just might have to after I finish a few other games.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts