Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Banned
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
man its been like years since actually went to one....omg dude my local store sucks man/never seen it this bad rofl what gods name happened to all the somewhat enthusiast/techie stuff....no heatsinks...only.some overpriced PNY ram/an overpriced low cfm antec 120mm fan rofl/some crappy PSUs...this store didn't even have any thermal paste man.... was looking for some IC diamond or Antec Nano etc for my 8320 etc

Like my god man haha

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Who the heck goes to Best Buy for computer hardware???
rolleyes.gif

·
Banned
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No I don't ever remember it ever being that bad maybe just this store here but like seriously.... haha expected to at least find some thermal paste rofl my god lol, hell radioshack has it even hahaha thats major face-palming there dude haha

intention was just for a TIM believe me would not buy/look for very little else in there except I just happened to notice they had hell of a lot less then what I remembered awhile back haha

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
My best deal on a 9800gtx came from best buy years ago. They don't really sell much PC stuff as the market doesn't have a demand for it. PC parts are becoming more of an online special order thing. The average Joe buys cell phones,TVs,tablets and the like. Look at stores like tiger direct local stores, they are carrying less and less pc hardware

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I don't remember Best Buy every being good enough to be disappointed. Mine actually improved. For example all they had long time ago was RAM and HDD in general and some crappy video cards. A few years later they began carrying power supplies and thermal paste (Dynex) and sometimes Thermaltake. Additionally they now have a bunch of Razer/Corsair peripherals and carry video cards up to GTX 780s. I went there recently and they got rid of the crappy Dynex stuff. Now they have Antec and some upgraded brands for Thermal paste, better power supplies, and a little more choices as far as other computer hardware. Still overpriced though.

·
Banned
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah online/special order stuff but guess I did not realize/aware of the idea of having more of the enthusiast stuff in-store went to total hell haha,
still though man its awful guy can't even get any thermal paste rofl, somewhere between mad/sad/very humorous xD, gonna have to order not going to radioshack for damn AS5 who uses that **** anymore rofl

·
Premium Member
14,051 Posts
It's always been more of a 'consumer electronics' type of store than enthusiast oriented.

Although I usually lol at some of their video card prices.

·
Banned
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oh believe I did I LOLed beyond hard at their GTX 980 price....

they had no AMD cards except lowly R7s..... out of 760/770/780s /970s

they had one 660 on the shelf I luled at that rofl

this store nvidia fanboy man rofl

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ-Savage View Post

Yeah online/special order stuff but guess I did not realize/aware of the idea of having more of the enthusiast stuff in-store went to total hell haha,
still though man its awful guy can't even get any thermal paste rofl, somewhere between mad/sad/very humorous xD, gonna have to order not going to radioshack for damn AS5 who uses that **** anymore rofl
Yeah and radio shack also wants like $13 plus tax for it like what.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
The last time I was there was a few days before Christmas.

Found a really good deal on an Xbox 360 for my daughter. $129.99 brand new.

Had to get it since she's taking my gaming PC over lately. Lol. But yes they generally have absurd prices.

·
Registered
964 Posts
There's a reason these stores are dying. Hell one even closed down the road from where we are opening our new store because they knew what was coming. "No sarcasm." NFM of Texas.

·
Stock
3,717 Posts
The Best Buy in my area actually has a nice assortment of PC gear from Razer, Corsair, Nvidia and the like. Maybe it's because its in the middle of a lot of the computer tech industry in Southern California, i'll get shots the next time I drop by.

·
Banned
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I know mostly they were always "consumer" oriented...but I clearly remember a few years a ago a few stores that actually were pretty decent with more enthusiast stuff/selection etc....prices were never great though I know....

·
Banned
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Okay I forgot they did have a decent selection of peripherals/accessories.... some of the nice/nicer Logitech stuff all of course very overpriced though....

·
Registered
3,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ-Savage View Post

man its been like years since actually went to one....omg dude my local store sucks man/never seen it this bad rofl what gods name happened to all the somewhat enthusiast/techie stuff....no heatsinks...only.some overpriced PNY ram/an overpriced low cfm antec 120mm fan rofl/some crappy PSUs...this store didn't even have any thermal paste man.... was looking for some IC diamond or Antec Nano etc for my 8320 etc

Like my god man haha
Hahaha what do you expect from BB?

If you still have a Radio Shack near by, they all sell Arctic Silver 5.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I don't ever remember best buy carrying to much performance stuff but the days of your local PC club,Compusa are long gone it's all online now to bad nothing like going in one of them stores and looking at all the eye candy.............

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
I picked up 3 970's with a 980 reference cooler and BB price matched Newegg.. BB price matching and return policy has been really good in my experience.

·
Banned
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What go pay $13-14 bucks at radioshack for old/outdated AS5 I don't think so.... there's a lot better performing options now.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts