Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,327 Posts
It took them 13 years to make this? It looks alright, but it doesn't look any better than a Borderlands boss battle.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think 2 or 3 yrs ago it would have made it into most of our top 10 lists, now it'll just be another good game, but nothing too ground breaking imo. But who knows, maybe the wait will be worth it, I hope so, I like the humour, but I'd also like a solid interactive experience at the base of it all.

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Term` View Post
i think 2 or 3 yrs ago it would have made it into most of our top 10 lists, now it'll just be another good game, but nothing too ground breaking imo. But who knows, maybe the wait will be worth it, I hope so, I like the humour, but I'd also like a solid interactive experience at the base of it all.
i think the humor will be the selling point. i mean at this point the game is a joke any way. its been in dev for 10 years and canceled idk how many times. i know im not taking this too seriously till i see the box on store shelves

·
Premium Member
3,617 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker36 View Post
i think the humor will be the selling point. i mean at this point the game is a joke any way. its been in dev for 10 years and canceled idk how many times. i know im not taking this too seriously till i see the box on store shelves
It's now being developed by Gearbox; the original Duke developer got canned for being useless.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Sweeet... definitely gonna pick this up when it's released. The action and humor of the original Duke and the graphics and game play of a modern game.. it's gonna be great.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Also, does anyone know for sure when this game comes out other than just 2011? My friend reviews games for Ars Technica so I should hit him up with this question and see if he has the inside scoop on it...hell...he mayhave even played it!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Okay, I talked to my buddy at Ars Technica. He is thinking the game should almost certainly be released in the first quarter of 2011 with a demo being released in the next couple months. He will probably be getting an advanced copy so look forward his right up on Ars Technica or I'll post back after he reviews it.
He also said he is pretty certain the game will have online multiplayer capabilities...

WOOHOO! Hail to the King baby! I finally will have a new game to look forward to. ALthough I love BFBC2, it sadly is starting to get old...

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MAKATTACK View Post
Okay, I talked to my buddy at Ars Technica. He is thinking the game should almost certainly be released in the first quarter of 2011 with a demo being released in the next couple months. He will probably be getting an advanced copy so look forward his right up on Ars Technica or I'll post back after he reviews it.
He also said he is pretty certain the game will have online multiplayer capabilities...

WOOHOO! Hail to the King baby! I finally will have a new game to look f
rward to. ALthough I love BFBC2, it sadly is starting to get old...
please

·
Registered
890 Posts
All I have is an email from my buddy at Ars Technica who has more contacts in the gaming industry than myself (which is none!). He is hoping to get an advanced copy (he usually does). He seemed pretty certain about everything I mentioned above...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.