Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just ordered another 8800GT and 2 duorbs
I suppose the duorbs come with instructions, but anyone have any tips on installing them (eg. how to clean GPU, best way to mount, what to do with the RAMsinks)? Also, I have a kaze master fan controller, can that control both duorbs on one channel, or should I have one for each duorb? Yes, I have a molex to 3 pin converter. I guess I may not need to control them if they are quiet, but I will soon see how loud they are.

·
Banned
244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChIck3n View Post
Hi, I just ordered another 8800GT and 2 duorbs
I suppose the duorbs come with instructions, but anyone have any tips on installing them (eg. how to clean GPU, best way to mount, what to do with the RAMsinks)? Also, I have a kaze master fan controller, can that control both duorbs on one channel, or should I have one for each duorb? Yes, I have a molex to 3 pin converter. I guess I may not need to control them if they are quiet, but I will soon see how loud they are.
Hmm... I don't know much about the fan control things... But those duords ae really nice, I would just try to leave the memory sinks on, cuz the more heatsinks and fans the better it'll be. but if the duorb don't fit, you'll have to take off the sinks of course, also use a dry rag, when you take the stock fan off, and clean up all on the card, cuz alot of people don't know it, but dust is the exact opposite of sinks, it will hold heat, which means it's like your card has a jacket on in 100 degree weather
So just try and get all the dust off, so the heat will sink into the duorb, and get blown away from the fan... Remember to rep me if I helped!

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, I was talking about the RAMsinks that came with the duorbs. I heard some people say they fell off. What is the best way to get them to stick? Would a blow dryer work? I have 91% Alcohol and cloths I use to clean optics, would that work to remove residue? Do I just use Q-tips to clean the RAM?

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Check the thread I started long ago when I just about bough my Duorb:
http://www.overclock.net/nvidia-cool...ml#post4645784

The Duorb isn't that loud. Compared to the stock cooling its way better. I used Isopropyl (70%) Alcohol to clean all the thermal compound on the GPU.

• Rep+
Reactions: ChIck3n
1 - 5 of 5 Posts