Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a duorb off of my 3670, it has two heat pipes. i am wondering if it might be worth trying to mount it to my cpu? i know they have a duorb cpu cooler thats a 4 core, but i was thinking about trying this 2 core just for the fun of it. also, i have to bend it a bit to get it to fit, if i do will the heat pipes still work right? thanks for you help guys.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Fryer
View Post

i have a duorb off of my 3670, it has two heat pipes. i am wondering if it might be worth trying to mount it to my cpu? i know they have a duorb cpu cooler thats a 4 core, but i was thinking about trying this 2 core just for the fun of it. also, i have to bend it a bit to get it to fit, if i do will the heat pipes still work right? thanks for you help guys.

as NIKE say " JUST DO IT "
post pictures of your results if your cpu melts into goo you get + rep :swearing:

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i caint post pics if i do it becuse the only cam i have atm is my cell's cam and it blows chunks. but i will see what i can do later today.. i have noticed though the base of the duorb is the exact same size as my cpu so there is no room at all for error.

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
cool.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
I would strongly advise against this. The Duorb cannot handle a CPU, and mounting will have to be rigged as hell to fit a CPU. The bolts are not long enough, and the pattern is way off. No sense mangling a perfectly good Duorb, only to have it not cool effectively.

If you feel confident about fabricating a mounting bracket, than go ahead and try to prove me wrong.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont mind makeing and modding stuff, but i just tryed and it is not going to work. i didnt even bend anything. i took my hsf off and placed it over it, and your right, the bracket is not long enough to reach the orig mobo holes. i gess sence it will not fit my 8800gts 320mb i will toss it on the shelf or sell on craigslist. i have one bracket for it and thats about it. bought it off ebay but didnt come with all the mounting hardware or heatsinks.. who knows maybe one day i will find a use for it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts