Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Im looking for a flash drive or hard drive to keep pictures durring me and my GF's travels. Was searching for at least 64gb-128gb and around $100 (max about $150; but durability is my primary concern).

Mostly looking for something rugged since it will be traveling alot and i think it would be nice to have some protection incase something unfortunate happens
redface.gif
. I did see the corsair flash survivor 64gb for around $80 but was curious on what other options i should look at.

Also not sure if this would be a good possibility; back pictures up on to a few 32/64gb SD cards which i could keep in a larger SD card case.

Thanks for the help!
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
3,010 Posts
They don't get much tougher than the survivor or the stealth if you can find it. The corsair Voyager GT is another worth considering.
They only come with the rubber coating as opposed to the metal housing but they´re pretty tuff.
I´m still happily using the 16gig version and I´ve given it a beating, including swimming.
Your other idea is also good as you don't have to find a laptop/PC to transfer your photos to your flash drive, you just miss out on the waterproof bit lol, I suppose it depends how extreme your holidays will be.

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah nice! good to hear that the voyager is durable too
tongue.gif
The drive is going to be mostly used for outdoors and ... international travel. Ive had problems in the past a few things crushed from traveling on trains and airports in china (where i do tend to pack my bags pretty well), Hmm but didnt think about the waterproofing on the SD cards, which i think waterproofing would probably be good for outdoors
biggrin.gif

+rep

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll second recommendation for the Corsair Stealth Survivor. I am currently using one to store all my ArcGIS data from the last 2 years of school. One day, I bicycled to class and got heavily rained on (I'm talking rain combined with puddles and oncoming traffic splashing me with tire water). I was drenched and the papers in my bag were soaked. However, the flash drive was good to go.

• Rep+
Reactions: DNytAftr
1 - 5 of 5 Posts