Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi pc:
12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73
2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1
RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming
Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5
SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE
Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally.

Is my pc fine?

Why pc shuts off ( OFF heard psu click) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ? Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.
It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready.

But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

Windows 10 working now normally no issues , but just asking about that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I get that when I change something important in the bios, sometimes takes several reboots.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Someone said this to me:"

PSU shouldnt click during software install. If it reboots on its own after PSU shuts down and restarts there is a setting in the BIOS to restart on power failure. May have been a utility problem that was coincidental unless you are running a UPS.

PSU shutting down isnt normal but several reboots while detecting hardware is normal."

So what to think now?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Sometimes Ill even get an issue where when u shut my pc off, it wont boot if i hit power, itl only boot if i switch main psu off in the back, then while its off, hit the power button in front, til it clicks, then i turn switch on and hit power button and itl boot.. idk why it does this, also have issues with my pc waking from sleep state, and issues with screensaver coming on when pc is inactive.

Now I was just made aware that the hx 1050 has issues, could this be related?

·
Invalid Media
6,481 Posts
Hi pc:
12900K with NZXT KRAKEN X73
2x16GB DDR4 KINGSTON DDR4 3600MHZ in GEAR 1
RTX 3090 Ti Gigabyte Gaming
Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4 bios F5
SSD 1 TB NVM PCIE
Seasonic Px 1300W Platinum Prime

I went from Aorus Z490 and 10850K to 12900K and Aorus Z690 Elite DDR4. Windows 10 is installed on SSD from 10850K build.When new pc booted i enabled in GEAR 1 XMP ( 3600 mhz ). Then i rebooted to UEFI again without issues.

Then i reboot pc again and when windows 10 was loading ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted to Windows 10 normally.

Is my pc fine?

Why pc shuts off ( OFF heard psu click) and turns back again on first time,when windows 10 was loading ? Pc shuts down and boot itself up. Not typical reboot.
It happened before Windows 10 boot <%>Getting devices ready.

But why it shutdown ( i heard a click from psu ) and then reboot itself?comes back automatically

Windows 10 working now normally no issues , but just asking about that.
I use 2x Seasonic PX1300W Platinum PSUs in a dual mobo build, and they both click (seems to be a relay) when turned off from complete-power off , or when changing certain things in the bios (usually RAM releated). No problems running Win 10 Pro and Win 11 Pro...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It happened after Aorus logo screen,just before windows loaded first time . In moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Motherboard training. The click is just an indication of the PSU shutting off and then restarting. It's nothing serious.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
When Windows 10 was loading first time on new motherboard ,pc shutts off ( heard psu click ) and turns back on again. And second time it booted normally to Getting Devices Ready %.
Just before moment when windows 10 show GETTING DEVICES READY %. It just turned off <psu click>and rebooted itself and windows 10 start configuring. Not happened again since.
Is this ok?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts