Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a few filter(Silverstone /Akasa /Phobya ) and made some myself (nylon stocking/speaker cloth) to test wich one is the best . Here are my results after 1month . Fans ran at same rpm on a carpet :
Clean
Gadget Input device Computer hardware Audio equipment Space bar
VS Dirty
Automotive tire Audio equipment Electronic instrument Entertainment Gas
Rectangle Wood Automotive tire Font Rolling
Peripheral Output device Gadget Input device Audio equipment

·
Premium Member
27,837 Posts
Very interesting bit of testing. I can't read what airflow reading is on anemonter. Would really be nice if you measured exhaust airflow 1/4th of the way from outer edge of fan. Even better, use a 120mm diameter tube about 30 cm long fit against exhaust side of fan with anemometer impeller centered at exhaust end of tube. Below is example of fan airflow test unit. I believe it's 6" / 150mm which is fine for 120mm fans, but I suspect a little restrictive when used to test 140mm fans. I'm trying to get money together to buy components and build a 8" / 200mm tube similar to below. I have a good hot-wire anemometer (airflow meter), sound meter for monitoring airflow.
Rectangle Font Advertising Automotive design Graphics

I also need a manometer (pressure differential meter) I can afford to measure 0-10 mm H2O to meausure static pressure of fans. I will also use it to measure airflow vs pressure for more detailed fan data. Like airflow at different RPMs and with different airflow restriction .. like through radiator, different grills, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts