Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im having very BAD problems with dust in my computer i cleaned of some dust 2 days ago, last night i opened the case i couldnt even breathe seriosly...
so what im asking if you guys have the same problem and what could i do with this.

Im sorry if this isnt the right place to put this topic here.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armend

Well im having very BAD problems with dust in my computer i cleaned of some dust 2 days ago, last night i opened the case i couldnt even breathe seriosly...
so what im asking if you guys have the same problem and what could i do with this.

Yeah, hardware reviews is not the right place for this thread. Hopefully a Mod or Admin will catch it and move it.

That is a lot of dust. Two things need to happen. 1. Vacuum your floors. My dogs create a lot of dirt and dust that gets sucked right into the PC. 2. Get some filters for your fans. I just go to Lowes or Home Dept and pick up some "cut-to-fit" furnace filters and tape them between the plastic case front and the metal body of the case, infront of the fan. Works great, and you should see how dirty it is at the end of the month. An air filter for your room wouldn't hurt either, because you are obviously breathing in a lot of crap from the air. Do you leave your windows open or something??

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
geez that avatar is inappropriate lol anwayz get some filters do you have allergies or asthma cuz that would worsen it get some filters for your fan and put it in front of the fan and clean by you put them you would also see drastic temp lowering too i have a laptop that is like 72 c normally and after i cleaned it with heka dust coming out i get like 66c now

·
Registered
224 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Armend

Clean your room for dust also maybe =D j/k

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by shermstix

Yeah, hardware reviews is not the right place for this thread. Hopefully a Mod or Admin will catch it and move it.

That is a lot of dust. Two things need to happen. 1. Vacuum your floors. My dogs create a lot of dirt and dust that gets sucked right into the PC. 2. Get some filters for your fans. I just go to Lowes or Home Dept and pick up some "cut-to-fit" furnace filters and tape them between the plastic case front and the metal body of the case, infront of the fan. Works great, and you should see how dirty it is at the end of the month. An air filter for your room wouldn't hurt either, because you are obviously breathing in a lot of crap from the air. Do you leave your windows open or something??

yeah i might go to home depot get those i do vacuum but, hardly 3 times a month if not less, it does get pretty hot in the room so yeah i open the windows.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

3 times a month make it once a week i vaccum this much and i still get loads of dust on my comp so i use a bike pump and attach a straw at the end and pump away heka dust come out

yeah dude obviously im 2 lazy after 1 day of use i open the case ew dude so much dust i cant even see nothing

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SINISTER

nevermind me im just looking at the avitar ,, and yea what they said lol..ok back to the avitar

are they real????

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by xms

are they real????

get back to my dust problem dude no the ti*s

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
hey man, not to be an ass... but really think about it. (I'm surprised and admin hasn't removed that yet) This site try's to stay as clean as possible, and "legaly" that **** is inapproprite for this site, and if an investor for the site saw that they would be less inclined to put there ads up on it. I would suggest changing to something just as hot, just where you can't see the friggin nipples between the fingers (then again I was looking for it
) but seriously he's going to have to put up a warning, stating that you have to be 18 or older to see the site. I don't know, just think about it, you hurt the reputation of the site with that avatar.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

hey man, not to be an ass... but really think about it. (I'm surprised and admin hasn't removed that yet) This site try's to stay as clean as possible, and "legaly" that **** is inapproprite for this site, and if an investor for the site saw that they would be less inclined to put there ads up on it. I would suggest changing to something just as hot, just where you can't see the friggin nipples between the fingers (then again I was looking for it
) but seriously he's going to have to put up a warning, stating that you have to be 18 or older to see the site. I don't know, just think about it, you hurt the reputation of the site with that avatar.

there's we go now can we get back to my topic man.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
back 2 the topic... what is your fan setup, have u got exhaust fans in there or all intake? if you have all intake then that is probably your problem. if dust can get in through your fans then it can get out aswell

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo3

back 2 the topic... what is your fan setup, have u got exhaust fans in there or all intake? if you have all intake then that is probably your problem. if dust can get in through your fans then it can get out aswell

well i got 1 fan that cools my hard drive and another one bottom of that and 2 in the back and i got the vantec cooler on the bottom of the graphics card that's all the fans i got but i still think it's 2 much dust i wish i could take some pics but i got a webcam that's a piece of sh**** you know...

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

so ur fans at the back are set to exhaust air yes?

yeah, to take out the air out.

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
hmmm do you keep the tower on the floor or is it raised on a desk or something? other than that i would have to agree with a previous poster and say get some good fan filters.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

hmmm do you keep the tower on the floor or is it raised on a desk or something? other than that i would have to agree with a previous poster and say get some good fan filters.

it's on the floor but i might be thinking bout to put it on my desk... lol

1 - 20 of 27 Posts