Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
yep, it'll cause frostbite, apparently from what i read on the can...heh. yep, best bet's to turn it off and then start spraying, i use air from my compressor w/ a regulator on it. works great, and doesen't cost anything for compressed air too!

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cypz
I just want to know what kind of product you guyz use to clean your rig?
I use air gas duster is it safe?
Totally safe. unless like CYPZ said. as long as its not on. and/or upside down. ;-)

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*
yep, it'll cause frostbite, apparently from what i read on the can...heh. yep, best bet's to turn it off and then start spraying, i use air from my compressor w/ a regulator on it. works great, and doesen't cost anything for compressed air too!
when im about to clean my rig i drop my MOBO tray and leave both sides of the case upen and i set a fan blowing through the case, and i use a can of air to blow the crevices and the mobo and the big fan blows the dust all out the case... and i vacume after that of course

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
see, i don't have a mobo tray, so i'm partially screwed, but for what i clean it out with, i don't need much more circulation aronud my case, i might set a vac up just to suck air out, but that's it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist
when im about to clean my rig i drop my MOBO tray and leave both sides of the case upen and i set a fan blowing through the case, and i use a can of air to blow the crevices and the mobo and the big fan blows the dust all out the case... and i vacume after that of course

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
I would not use compressed air since your blowing the dust deeper into cracks and into slots...

If your trying to get the dust out I say use a vacum cleaner with a small nozzel attachment and get a cloth thats thin and stretch it over the hole and secure with either tape or just hold tight with your hand...

Run nozzel about 4cm away from surface your cleaning to suck up all the dust.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK
I would not use compressed air since your blowing the dust deeper into cracks and into slots...

If your trying to get the dust out I say use a vacum cleaner with a small nozzel attachment and get a cloth thats thin and stretch it over the hole and secure with either tape or just hold tight with your hand...

Run nozzel about 4cm away from surface your cleaning to suck up all the dust.
no i use the compressed air to get it out of the cracks (eg. between heastsink fins) then vacum then elec cleaner (on certain components)

·
Registered
867 Posts
The main thing you have to do to a PC is to vaccum it; Vaccums suck dust out while compressed air only blows it somewhere else (and then there's talk of health problems and whatnot and eugh
)

It's always more effective to use both, of course.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts