Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, thanks to some valuable suggestions I have fixed my first problem. No longer do the DVD's skip part way through. It turned out to be a medium problem. But now I find that certain DVD's won't play on my burner. It just sits there and hums and locks up any program that has to do with that particular drive.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do I check the mode?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's on ultra DMA 2 - Ultra 66. Whatever that means.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i had this problem and for some reason reinstalling my sound card driver fixed it.....it was onboard sound so i just ran the nvidia driver setup thing that came w/ my MB and it fixed it......it was pretty weird...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SW drivers, like at ATA drivers? yes I do, should I reinstall? I'll try the sound thing too.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
can someone clarify what the SW drivers are?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
after burning 200dvds or so it died... but it died in a different way and i concluded it had something to do with the on drive buffer...

when burning in nero i would watch the buffer and it was so inconsistant, it would fluctuate from 90 to 0% like 20 times per second. i thought it could be a fragmentation issue but the buffer that is on the computer read 100%
i still defragmented all my drives and that did not help. so i installed in my folding rig to check for consistency... so it did the same thing.. so i bought a new one..

dont know if this is your problem though...

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nope, I saw your post on that. My problem is that it won't even read the disk. DVD shrink, my computer, and PowerDVD all crash when I put the disk in. It works on the DVD player that I have on my TV.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

can someone clarify what the SW drivers are?

they are just optimized ide drivers that replace microsofts default drivers and give your slightly faster HD speeds.

• Rep+
Reactions: zokus

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, i reinstalled all of those drivers and now everything is hunky dory. You guys made my whole week. THX! Lol, it's usually the simple things that solve complex problems

1 - 13 of 13 Posts