Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use DVD shrink to rip and compress DVD's so that I can back them up with Nero. So far I've got one movie, well, sort of. It's a pain in the ass to get it to play but I'm gonna leave it. The second movie I'm working on is being a pain. I rip it, and then burn it. 50% of the time it works, the other 50% I get burn errors. When it does work and I play the DVD after, about half way through it gets really skippy and I can't even quit it. What am I doing wrong. It's a pain cause I've got through 6 DVD+R's trying differnt ways to get it to work.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

I use DVD shrink to rip and compress DVD's so that I can back them up with Nero. So far I've got one movie, well, sort of. It's a pain in the ass to get it to play but I'm gonna leave it. The second movie I'm working on is being a pain. I rip it, and then burn it. 50% of the time it works, the other 50% I get burn errors. When it does work and I play the DVD after, about half way through it gets really skippy and I can't even quit it. What am I doing wrong. It's a pain cause I've got through 6 DVD+R's trying differnt ways to get it to work.

i use dvd shrink but i don't burn it w/ nero. i found that it's easy to "reauthor" the dvd then just drag the "main title" to the left column that way u get the highest resolution w/o all the extras. i don't have the greatest experience burning with nero either, just hit "backup" on dvd shrink to burn it.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
when I hit "backup" it gives me the choice to make an iso image, save it to disk, or burn with DVD dycrypter. is that what I want to do? and when you drag the title then you don't get the menu and stuff, so it'll just play the main feature automatically?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
It may be the +R's
suposodly my DVD player will play +R's, but out of the 2 I made only 1 works, wile every -R that I have made works perfectly.
from my understanding -R/RW are the only official recordable DVD formats, hence why +R/RW disks dont have the official DVD logo on them.

BTW -R is does not mean minus R, its dash R.
B4 I got a dvd burner I thought it was minus R and was inferior to +R then I learned the truth.

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ahh, well, im guessing these are +R's. I just found them lying around and it doesnt say anywhere. my dvd player does everything but idk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts