Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I was wondering how many FPS people get with their core i7 920 encoding with dvd::rip

Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,183 Posts
ripping speed is dependent on your DVD drive not the CPU unless you mean encoding speed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i meant encoding speed....sorry thought that was clear in the OP.

I changed it, thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,183 Posts
you could convert a typical movie in 30 minutes depending on what program you use and how long the movie is and what format you are converting to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dvd::rip is the specific program I'm talking about: http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/ which uses transcode

lets say im doing a normal DVD.. I'm looking for specfic FPS because I wanna see comparative performance between my cluster and a core i7. I'm going with the highest quality setting (bpp=1), using ffmpeg (h264), and two pass encoding. I'm outputting to 720x480. If someone can tell me the fps for each pass that would be great.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
doesnt look like a very good program. u could evt. use something like
AutoGK or meGUI (use koepi or celticdruid xvid builds or x264). decrypt the dvd first with dvdfab platinium or slysoft clonedvd together with anydvd (best dvd9-dvd5 quality you get from dvd rebuilder together with cinema craft encoder imo). lol at least that was about the best appz at the time i were encoding may have changed a lot.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
18 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mdogg View Post
dvd::rip is the specific program I'm talking about: http://www.exit1.org/dvdrip/ which uses transcode

lets say im doing a normal DVD.. I'm looking for specfic FPS because I wanna see comparative performance between my cluster and a core i7. I'm going with the highest quality setting (bpp=1), using ffmpeg (h264), and two pass encoding. I'm outputting to 720x480. If someone can tell me the fps for each pass that would be great.
I use Fedora 11 and if you'd like to send me a PM with detailed instructions on how you'd like it run I'll install dvd::rip and try it on mine. I'm able to bench my i7 up to 4.4GHz.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,775 Posts
I encoded an entire Seinfeld DVD in about 5 minutes with HT on.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
I encoded an entire Seinfeld DVD in about 5 minutes with HT on.
jesus! the power is unnecessary !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
doesnt look like a very good program. u could evt. use something like
AutoGK or meGUI. decrypt the dvd first with dvdfab platinium or slysoft clonedvd together with anydvd (best dvd9-dvd5 quality you get from dvd rebuilder together with cinema craft encoder imo). lol at least that was about the best appz at the time i were encoding may have changed a lot.

dude, dvd::rip is such a ballin piece of software. semi-proof:http://linux.com/archive/feature/128105. When I find more proof, I'll post it lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by spdycpu View Post
I use Fedora 11 and if you'd like to send me a PM with detailed instructions on how you'd like it run I'll install dvd::rip and try it on mine. I'm able to bench my i7 up to 4.4GHz.
thanks a lot man, ybgpms (you'll be getting pm soon
)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by slothfish View Post
I encoded an entire Seinfeld DVD in about 5 minutes with HT on.
whoa whoa whoa....what fps? That is insane... Did you use the cluster mode to maximize the cpus? If you did how many instances did you run?
sooo sick....
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top