Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting some of the components ready for my next build. Since the case is clear acrylic, i need to 'stealth' certain components. Using my long time fave blue metal flake paint, i sprayed the back side of the acrylic panels. I opted to not put LED's into the drive like MNPCTech did on theirs, because i wont be able to see into it very well the way ill have the HDD's mounted.

Windowed and 'stealthed' DVD-ROM drive

·
Premium Member
3,785 Posts
Very nice

I really like that.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the flash washed out the color a little bit, its much darker IRL.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I love the idea behind this - reminds me of modded 360s. Good job mate.

• Rep+
Reactions: Furball Zen

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Wow, is there anything that you cut that isn't freaking awesome?! I LOVE this idea.

You should make a front bezel too. It would put it over the top.

Where do you get your laser work done?

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks!

Im actually contemplating that, but i would have to use a bezel from the new case when i get it because the thickness is odd like 4mm which isnt 1/8" or 3/16".

I get all my work from the living room since i dont have a garage or much of a basement to speak of
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL, no not scratch built. As patient as i am, there is no way i could do it unless it was a kit.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
40watt CO2, the manufacturer says 1/4" acrylic and wood, but some people who have bought them have cut up to 3/8". Cant cut metal sadly
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
On this one the bed is 12x16, but i didnt look close enough when choosing the models and this one only has a 9.5' x 14.5" cutting area. Hope to get this paid off next year and rectify that if things take off well enough
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I know this is starting to get way off topic, but you should provide laser cutting services to the OCN community. I imagine it would be quite popular (and profitable!)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts