Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I wanted to hook up my XBOX 360 to my monitor only to find out my monitor got one stinking DVI input. I tried hooking PC up as VGA and XBOX 360 as DVI. I did not like the PC display at all. So, the question now is, should I get a different monitor that offers a bit higher resolution with two DVI input? Get another used monitor same resolution as current? Or get one of those DVI switches?
Option I would mean I will either sell my current monitor or hook it up to my wife's computer or something. Option II will mean I will be running two monitors, which is not a big deal except occuping a bit more real estate. Ofcourse, I will wall mount both.
I am not quite sold on Option III yet. The prices for switches seem to very from $40 to about $200. I do not know what the higher priced ones entail. If it is 'you get what you pay for', I might as well get another monitor. I can see sometimes good ones on sale here in OCN.
Any ideas or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

·
VROOM VROOM
6,055 Posts
I use my xbox with my computer monitor too, and i just unhook the DVI cable and switch them when i want to switch. You could get a DVI extension cable so that you could easily unhook the PC and hookup the xbox.

I would recommend getting a monitor that does 1920x1080 for the xbox.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm....never thought of a DVI extension really. I will have to look into that! Rep for you.

Yes, I think I will get higher resolution monitor in a few months. My current one is 1680 X 1050. So, 1900 X 1200 is probably what I will be looking for.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts