Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im using the onboard ATI series HD3000 video and a DVI to HDMI cable and ran into a fustrating problem. the desktop is underscanning on my LG TV, I mean how hard is it for a manufacturer to design a TV that can run a simple full screen?... -.- When i had my GTX580 i used a straight DVI cable and "Just Scan" setting on my TV worked fine. but with the HD3000 onboard graphics and the DVI to HDMI cable there are big black letterboxes all around the screen, its centered and will not fill to the edge of the scree. I have the TV set to "Just Scan" which is supposed to fill the whole screen but it doesnt,.. all the other setting fill the screen but it looks very blurry. I hear that the Catylst control center can fix this and i installed it but it wont open!!!! found a fix for it but it looks very in depth and ive run out of patience! is there any other fix for this or is the cable itself to blame? (DVI to HDMI cable)

this TV only has HDMI inputs

·
Banned
3,190 Posts
set you screen to native!then go in gpu and set overrive to 0(all this are avail for me via hdmi connected(not sure but if i recall dvi setting are pretty sparse.and you probably wont have those

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the screen is set to Native and i cant go into the GPU to set override cause Catylyst control center wont open
frown.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts