Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one will do better overall? IE: Web browsing, music, video, normal usage. What will be able to handle more load? The i3 I'm talking is the i3 330UM. I don't believe that's Sandy, so last gens i3.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,229 Posts
i would suggest e 450 in that matter as it can easily handle day to day tasks as well as light gaming too...which the intel counterpart wont be able to provide....
intel's onboard solutions are crap.........

so my vote goes to e 450......
biggrin.gif


in terms of raw power i3 wins over e350/450...but overall the e 450 package is better......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NuclearSlurpee;15267542
E-450 since the i3 will have terrible HD 3000 graphics integrated.
OP stated above that the i3 isn't a second gen, therefore no HD3000.
So I agree with you about getting the e450 instead of the first gen i3.

However, I think you need to get some info straight on the HD3000. The e350 utilizes Radeon HD6310 graphics and the e450 uses the Radeon HD6320(of which there are very few benchmarks but we know it is only marginally better than the 6310). If he were talking about a second gen i3 that has intel HD3000 I would be fully recommending that, as the HD3000 is more powerful than the AMD APU graphics solution.

Proof-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000.37948.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6310.40952.0.html
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,229 Posts
^^^ u forgot an imporatant thing, intel drivers are really not gud....many games dont even start with these intel onboard solutions.....n let alone getting playable fps on recent games.......

so even if 2nd gen i3 would have been on list i would have chosen e-450 above it......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_z;15276944
^^^ u forgot an imporatant thing, intel drivers are really not gud....many games dont even start with these intel onboard solutions.....n let alone getting playable fps on recent games.......

so even if 2nd gen i3 would have been on list i would have chosen e-450 above it......
Could you provide me with some links for proof?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,229 Posts
no links needed really...my personal experience with most intel onboard solutions.....they just ain't made for any kind of gaming in mind.....
maybe u can run 4-5 year old games smoothly.......

and in many game's minimum system requirements document u will see that they have excluded intel gpu's....
maybe games will run n maybe they won't....with intel gpu there will always be an uncertainity......

the biggest thing to blame here is intel graphic drivers...first of all they r not updated frequently n second of all they might be buggy in games.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
269 Posts
Ghost is right . Take e-450 .

The e-450/6320 combo will be the better overall package, especially with Media playback.

The Intel has more CPU power but lacks in video capability.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmustang;15270622
OP stated above that the i3 isn't a second gen, therefore no HD3000.
So I agree with you about getting the e450 instead of the first gen i3.

However, I think you need to get some info straight on the HD3000. The e350 utilizes Radeon HD6310 graphics and the e450 uses the Radeon HD6320(of which there are very few benchmarks but we know it is only marginally better than the 6310). If he were talking about a second gen i3 that has intel HD3000 I would be fully recommending that, as the HD3000 is more powerful than the AMD APU graphics solution.

Proof-
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000.37948.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-HD-6310.40952.0.html
Unless i can find an i3 that is less then $500 I can't. The notebook I'm looking at right now, is the Dm1z. They refreshed it so it's got the e450 now. So it looks like i'm going with the e450?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyPimpHand;15280383
Unless i can find an i3 that is less then $500 I can't. The notebook I'm looking at right now, is the Dm1z. They refreshed it so it's got the e450 now. So it looks like i'm going with the e450?
What size laptop are we talking? Are you limited to ultra portables? HP is in the middle of a transition period and are going to either spin off their pc division or keep it. I'm not sure I would buy an HP right now simply because it may be cheaper in a couple of months.

another AMD fusion offering is the lenovo x120e. Not sure if it has been updated to e450 yet however.
Quote:
no links needed really...my personal experience with most intel onboard solutions.....they just ain't made for any kind of gaming in mind.....
maybe u can run 4-5 year old games smoothly.......

and in many game's minimum system requirements document u will see that they have excluded intel gpu's....
maybe games will run n maybe they won't....with intel gpu there will always be an uncertainity......

the biggest thing to blame here is intel graphic drivers...first of all they r not updated frequently n second of all they might be buggy in games.....
Oh. So its your word against mine then..
The HD3000 isn't at all like other Intel integrated solutions. It cant be written off simply because it is Intel. And I wouldn't go around saying Intel has terrible drivers when ATI/AMD consistently underwhelms with theirs.
I'm not gonna claim that the Intel drivers are flawless, but aren't all drivers flawed? Isn't that the point of driver updates. That said, I consider your point irrelevant.

Some caveats: I don't hate AMD, I have an AMD card.
And the above argument is not pertaining to the OP as he isn't looking at Sandy bridge at the moment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmustang;15280773
What size laptop are we talking? Are you limited to ultra portables? HP is in the middle of a transition period and are going to either spin off their pc division or keep it. I'm not sure I would buy an HP right now simply because it may be cheaper in a couple of months.

another AMD fusion offering is the lenovo x120e. Not sure if it has been updated to e450 yet however.
I'd like to stay under 14'' (My brother has a older Macbook and I think it's 13.6? I do like I size of it so I would look into anything under 14''). I think 11.6 is perfect. And I really wish I like how the Lenovos look, but I hate them. I think they look ugly. So I'm not limited bu ultra portables, but that to me is my sweet spot.

Side note: If I were to game on this it would be like TF2, DOD:C, L4D, and Killing Floor. Nothing to much.

Will HP still have laptops out around Christmas or no?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by IcyPimpHand
View Post

I'd like to stay under 14'' (My brother has a older Macbook and I think it's 13.6? I do like I size of it so I would look into anything under 14''). I think 11.6 is perfect. And I really wish I like how the Lenovos look, but I hate them. I think they look ugly. So I'm not limited bu ultra portables, but that to me is my sweet spot.

Side note: If I were to game on this it would be like TF2, DOD:C, L4D, and Killing Floor. Nothing to much.

Will HP still have laptops out around Christmas or no?

No one knows about HP's PC division. Their new CEO (Meg Whitman of ebay) has said that they are going to announce what their plans are soon.

While I understand why you think the lenovo is ugly, I have to disagree with you. I love its clean all business look.

The most stylish(IMO) AMD fusion option would be the Sony VAIO YB. However, it seems to have a bunch of issues like overheating, loud fan, ect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ghost_z
View Post

^^^ u forgot an imporatant thing, intel drivers are really not gud....many games dont even start with these intel onboard solutions.....n let alone getting playable fps on recent games.......

so even if 2nd gen i3 would have been on list i would have chosen e-450 above it......

Anyone planning on gaming with an e350/450 and/or an i3M w/ onboard is insane....
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top