Overclock.net banner

E1200 is Awesome! *UPDATE: Added Validation & Screenies*

4517 Views 70 Replies 32 Participants Last post by  ninjagordy
If you don't already have a backup processor, then you NEED to drop a quick $50 on this chip. This Celeron E1200 is incredible.

I pretty much just did a plug and play, and moved a couple of numbers on the FSB, and it booted right up to 3.0GHz (1.6 @ stock) without breaking a sweat.

I'm using the Intel stock cooler, and my temps are 28-30C Idle, 48-51C Load. That, to me, is amazing. I only have two case fans in this case, and this case has terrible airflow.

I'm probably going to bump it up to 3.2 just for the sake of saying I have the speed doubled.

I just wanted to share my experience with this incredible budget processor that I picked up from the egg.

EDIT: Per request, here's my CPU-Z Validation Link:

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=463919

And some screenies. Please forgive the size, I really don't feel like cutting them down.

Thanks for looking!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Premium Member
9,031 Posts
Incredible. It runs any game I've thrown at it PERFECT. I haven't tried GTAIV yet but I assume it will be playable.

Mine topped out at 3.0ghz, but for 50 bucks I'd say that's a pretty damn good investment. If you're looking for a budget chip, this is it. Don't listen to anyone complaining about cache or whatever else they think up. It is awesome.

· Premium Member
9,031 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KaC Smith
View Post

Thinking about picking up one myself in the near future. ANyone else have problems getting it over 3.0Ghz?

It's not that it can't go over 3.0, I'm sure it can. I just don't want to give it any more than 1.5 volts.

· Why is it smoking?
4,308 Posts
All of the low end C2D's I've tried have been insanely good. I had an e6300, an e4300, and now this e2160. Every one of them hit at least 3.0Ghz, and every one of them had incredible performance for the price. I'd love to get my hands on a high end version, but I probably won't upgrade again until i7 or i5 hits mainstream.

· Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, I'm back. I just bumped up to 3.2, and it booted okay, but Prime crashed it in seconds.

I could probably play with it and get it stable, but I don't have time tonight, I'm getting ready for bed.

I'd also like to mention that I left my voltages on auto. I'm very impressed with this chip, and it was handling TF2 for me earlier pretty well. Not that that's much of a benchmark, but still.

This is going to be a great folding rig once my main system is up and at em. I'm pretty pleased with it's performance right now, too. I'm so glad I went with this chip.

· Premium Member
9,031 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hiiyah777
View Post

Okay, I'm back. I just bumped up to 3.2, and it booted okay, but Prime crashed it in seconds.

I could probably play with it and get it stable, but I don't have time tonight, I'm getting ready for bed.

I'd also like to mention that I left my voltages on auto. I'm very impressed with this chip, and it was handling TF2 for me earlier pretty well. Not that that's much of a benchmark, but still.

This is going to be a great folding rig once my main system is up and at em. I'm pretty pleased with it's performance right now, too. I'm so glad I went with this chip.

Voltage on auto is what's making it crash. I needed 1.5v to get to 3.0ghz.

• Rep+
Reactions: hiiyah777

· Registered
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrospekt
View Post

Voltage on auto is what's making it crash. I needed 1.5v to get to 3.0ghz.

Yeah that's what I figured. One night when I have some time I'll get it there.

But 3.0 is plenty for now. Thanks!

· Banned
14,393 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrospekt
View Post

Incredible. It runs any game I've thrown at it PERFECT. I haven't tried GTAIV yet but I assume it will be playable.

Mine topped out at 3.0ghz, but for 50 bucks I'd say that's a pretty damn good investment. If you're looking for a budget chip, this is it. Don't listen to anyone complaining about cache or whatever else they think up. It is awesome.

it will cry with GTA4. my 8600 has a hard time keeping up at 4.0

· Premium Member
4,897 Posts
what do you have the fsb at? I have one in my folding garden but I don't want to take the rig down to oc

· Premium Member
6,845 Posts
i had one at 3.5ghz @ 1.5v it didnt live long though D:* this post was accomplished through the steam overlay browser

· Premium Member
23,733 Posts
i'm not surprised tbh. these low cache chips OC insanely well and i doubt cache really makes that much of a difference when you get such a massive speed boost.

Legion Hardware agree with me. http://www.legionhardware.com/document.php?id=653

· Registered
1,748 Posts
I had an E2140 that I bumped to 3.0 GHz, and it was a speedy little bugger. The prices on these low end dual cores are awesome, and without much effort they can push some serious performance.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.