Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have it on an ASUS P5E at 266x11 with 1.31875Vcore. But I can't go any higher without it failing to POST. Even 300x10 doesn't POST. Using the Maximus Formula 1207 BIOS. Just cranking up CPU Vcore doesn't help. Where do I go from here?

Edit: Forgot to mention, this is NOT my sig rig. Build log is here.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penicilyn View Post
Looks like you got a dud chip, I'd heard they were not overclocking well lately.
I'm not THAT disappointed, this chip was basically purchased for cheapness. And to be a backup in case I fry my Q6600 or something.

But with load temps around 50°C I don't think the CPU is overheating.

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
that chips not a dud, these chips have fsb holes, mine wouldn't go over 300x10 but I am stable right now at 8x400, try different multi's, My voltage for 3.2 is 1.46 after vdroop, the new E2xxx's are not overclocking well at all, people are struggling for 3ghz, I have had mine at 3.9 ghz, just with 2v

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
that chips not a dud, these chips have fsb holes, mine wouldn't go over 300x10 but I am stable right now at 8x400, try different multi's, My voltage for 3.2 is 1.46 after vdroop, the new E2xxx's are not overclocking well at all, people are struggling for 3ghz, I have had mine at 3.9 ghz, just with 2v
WHAT?

How can you hit 3.9ghz at all if it takes ur chip 1.5v to do 3.2ghz?

My allendale tops out just under 3.6ghz at 1.55v and nothing else happens

Any proof of your 3.9ghz? Because that is damn close to the WR for allendale i believe

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
That was with a zalman 9500at, I didn't get a screenie of 3.9 but I got a screenie of 3.8ghz, when I get a new proc I will push this chip until I either get 4ghz or kill it

EDIT> at 3.9ghz I was pushing 2 volts through a chip designed for 1.5

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
That was with a zalman 9500at, I didn't get a screenie of 3.9 but I got a screenie of 3.8ghz, when I get a new proc I will push this chip until I either get 4ghz or kill it

EDIT> at 3.9ghz I was pushing 2 volts through a chip designed for 1.5
I used a zalman 9500 as well, but i'm more interested in the sceenshot

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess I should make it clear that I would like to OC and remain 24x7 stable, obviously without frying the chip anytime in the next few months. If I have to leave it at 2.93GHz with 1.31875 Vcore then I will. Just how much Vcore CAN I put into this chip? This says one thing, and people here say another. Please include

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by error10
View Post

I guess I should make it clear that I would like to OC and remain 24x7 stable, obviously without frying the chip anytime in the next few months. If I have to leave it at 2.93GHz with 1.31875 Vcore then I will. Just how much Vcore CAN I put into this chip? This says one thing, and people here say another. Please include

Like someone else in the thread said, these chips like certain multipliers. Try my chip's configuration:

FSB: 400
Multi: 8
VCore: 1.475

See how that goes. Oh and makes sure the NB is getting enough juice as well.

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NrGx
View Post

Like someone else in the thread said, these chips like certain multipliers. Try my chip's configuration:

FSB: 400
Multi: 8
VCore: 1.475

See how that goes. Oh and makes sure the NB is getting enough juice as well.

I agree, those are the exact settings I have on my chip, but I am a little reckless with my chip. I have put 1.8v and 2v through my chip before to get a suicide run but settled at 3.2 for a 24/7 overclock

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
My short experience with an E2180 is similar to what people are saying. I tried 10x and 9x multi but nothing seemed to go very well. I blue screened all the time. When I dropped down to an 8x multi I never had any problems. I went up to 3.2ghz on stock cooling but I stopped there because I thought there might be an error in the temp reading program. From what I can remember my temps were well in line, somewhere around mid 50's under load. Here is a cpu-z screenie of when i used that chip. Only used it for a week then put it away. Once I get my loop running I think I'm going to play with it some more.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I wouldn't put 1.475v into a 65nm for daily use.
Heck I didn't use that with my 90nm pentium D.
I recommend not going over 1.4v

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sandiegoskyline
View Post

I wouldn't put 1.475v into a 65nm for daily use.
Heck I didn't use that with my 90nm pentium D.
I recommend not going over 1.4v

1.5 is fine for daily use, it might take the Life expectancy from 10 years to 5 but intel wouldn't have certified 1.5v for use if they didn't think the chip can handle it. The E2xxx's have less cache than other 65nm processors so they are less voltage sensitive, I own an E2180 and have no ill effects from putting 2 volts through my chip and then going back to 1.475 for my 24/7 overclock

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well right now I'm waiting for a DVI-VGA adapter to show up since somebody forgot to send one with the 2 GPUs I ordered... Once that's taken care of then we'll see how far we can push this chip.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts