Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to my local pc to order an aftermarket cooler for my e4300 as temps with the stock Intel HSF are god aweful, and after looking at a few, I decided on the Zalman 9700LED. Now, I have NEVER bought an aftermarket cooler before and really had no clue what to go with, nor did my pc guy as he builds mostly "family" type computers, so I am kind of wondering if I made a descent choice. And also wondering what type of temps I should expect at 2.6GHz on stock voltage. Price is $70.99 CDN, is that ok as well?

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
I get 17 C - 30 C on my E6600 on stock with that cooler. I used the zalman thermal grease.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
They are crazy expensive. I wouldn't pay that much for a CPU cooler at all.

17-30c? What are your ambients...they'd have to be near...15?

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, 30 load is pretty dang cool...sure your temp monitoring software is repoting correctly?

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Doubt it..but...err...what are your other options for coolers? Is there anything from scythe, they usually have decent prices...maybe an Ultra-120?

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've lots of options, I just didn't know what to chose. I've got until about Friday to change my order. So how much better is the Ultra-120 than the Zalman? Because if they are close, I like the look of the Zalman LED a little more...price isn't as much a factor as looks / performance.

·
I like computers
7,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
like I said though, a good mix of performance and looks is what I'm going for. Absolute best performance is not needed. I'd be willing to sacrifice 2-3 degrees for a sweet looking cooler. Maybe some links for some other nice ones?

·
Registered
629 Posts
And why isn't good at looks the Ultra 120 extreme? After all you are the one that decides which fan s to mount. You could mount 2 led fans of your fav color and it would look good no?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts