Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sorry buddy, after i search i just realized they are Core 2 Duo, but they are the low range of them so i would go as i said before for a E7XX or E8xx they are a lot better personally then the E4xx as they have more L2 cache and some have more clock speed.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
E4xxx series are Allendale/Conroe C2D's.. CPU-z sometimes reads as Conroe..

E2xxx series are Pentiums.. So are some lower end E-models...

From what I was told, the name in this case has little to do with it.. Still the same architechture as C2D's.. IDK, it's been a while since I've thought about 65nm chips..

He wasn't asking you to buy it, he was asking what price should it sell for..

No more than $45 shipped IMO.. Best C2D budget chip back in the day.. Got mine to OC 100% over stock..

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Eh, guys with the IHS removed I wouldn't say more than $25, if you don't place the cooler properly or tighten it you will crush the core. Delidding isn't really worth it on C2D's like it was on old Athlon64's

·
Iconoclast
32,307 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qaz393
View Post

please keep in mind that the IHS is removed

Not really going to swing value much either way.

Some people will avoid it, others will prefer it.

·
Premium Member
7,146 Posts
Well it doesn't matter since the IHS is removed. For not to much more, you can get a better processor...

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivorth
View Post

Well it doesn't matter since the IHS is removed. For not to much more, you can get a better processor...

Not really, The only thing better retail right now is the E5200 and that is 70 bucks. 40 bucks more than 30 obviously. The E4300 should be good for at least 3.5ghz with 2mb of L2 cache, while the E2180 can hit those speeds, it only has 1MB of cache and it is still 68 bucks .

Conroe/Allendale are overclocking Monsters

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
DON'T give a real bother to the IHS being removed.. It really isn't that easy to "crush" a core.. I made that comment once before here and was quickly told it's pretty hard to damage it like that..

You would just need to take more care in installing the HSF so that it only makes contact with the core and no thermal paste runs off.. It should run a little cooler too.. Those IHS's were concave and needed a good lapping or removed..

I still say no more than $45 shipped, $35 shipped at least..

Good Luck with your sale..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.