Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do i start...umm ive jus started to overclock my cpu for some xtra performance & right now its oc'ed 13%...from 1.86-2.1.
but the question is should i overclock the memory & cpu together (linked) or should i oc it seperately (manually)?right now ive started it 'linked' so the memory is adjusting to the oc if am right.will it better to overclock the cpu & memory seperate,i know i wont really get any gain if memory is runnin faster than cpu so am not willing to do so.i jus want a good overclock on both & a stable pc.

thanks for reading.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Your ram is tanked so you should be able to go 1:1 as far as you want. Start at stock volts (1.35) and just start bumping the FSB. I got to 3ghz on stock volts on my e6300, so you'd be surprised how far it can take you. Of course, it varies chip to chip but you shouldn't need much.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aight kopi i got u,am willing to go atleast as far as i can go....my temp is real fine to so far,so your telling me just oc the cpu & the ram should follow?cause i havent change any volts or anything yet & is not willing to,so ill keep bumping the fsb until i get what i want from it.

what you mean by tanked?i havent touch anything to do with the ram yet just the cpu only,so ram should be fine.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Tanked = a tank, hard to be stopped...i guess its a canadian term haha

Your ram is awesome, so set it at 1:1 with the CPU and start at stock volts. Set your ram timings manually as that helps with stability. Bump the FSB up a little and boot up, see how it runs, maybe a SuperPI benchmark and then go back and do it again. I'll put my money on at least 2.6 on stock volts.

·
Premium Member
7,263 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
Tanked = a tank, hard to be stopped...i guess its a canadian term haha

Your ram is awesome, so set it at 1:1 with the CPU and start at stock volts. Set your ram timings manually as that helps with stability. Bump the FSB up a little and boot up, see how it runs, maybe a SuperPI benchmark and then go back and do it again. I'll put my money on at least 2.6 on stock volts.
depends on his batch and all, im at 3.34ghz at 1.325v

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
Thats why i said at least :|

I made it to 3ghz, and then decided to bump it up before 3.2...i wonder how high i could have gone.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I can't remember, I never left mine on auto haha...before i even loaded windows i set timings manually. You're best to hit it up yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts