Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a core 2 duo e6300 1.86 ghz. i'd like to overclock, but don't know too much about it... i know a bit, but i figure that it's best to ask people who know. what are some good settings for an overclock? my mobo's a gigabyte ga-965p-ds3. my ram is crucial brand and the default timings are 4 4 4 12. you all probably know about the e6300. what i really need to know is what to adjust the voltages to. i know next to nothing about voltages. all that i know is that the higher the voltage, the faster you can overclock. but too high and there goes your processor. i'd like to avoid frying my processor, so i figure that i'll ask the experts. suggestions?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Well with that setup you should be able to reach 3Ghz on stock voltage depending on what week your CPU is of. You can find this info on the CPU itself but if you don't know it, it doesn't matter too much.

All I can suggest is set your FSB to about 300 to give yourself a decent overclock and stress test it for a few hours. If that passes, put the FSB up 10 or so more then stress test again. Repeat this until either the stress testing fails or the computer refuses to boot properly. This is when it's time to up the voltage to either your processor, your RAM, or your chipset (vMCH).

Also, I suggest setting the RAM mulitplier to 2.00 before you start.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
well, you really need to tweak these boards.. intel's a tough overclock when you're running fsb's of 350 and upwards and the cpu doesnt limit...
i mean i tweaked a few memory settings and it gave me like +30fsb... not even timings or memory dividers... just some weird settings that i didnt know what they were...
anyways, my point is every board is different... find someone thats got a really good overclock on your board... say 400mhz and above fsb... and ask them for their settings... thats what i did and i got to 380fsb when previously i could only get to 325fsb... also, note that your memory will probably bottleneck... so when in doubt, add some voltage. your motherboard or memory may not agree with a divider or a latency setting too... mine runs best at the default ddr2-667 4-4-4-12, so i may be buying some new memory...

·
Banned
736 Posts
I have the P5N32-E SLI board with the E6300. I'm at 425 FSB, 2975Mhz CPU. I forgot my voltage specs but I think I have the VCore @ 1.5. Probe shows 1.42. Temps reach 45C. I've been meaning to start my own thread on it but I've been so bizy.

By the way, I expect to reach 500FSB with this board. I think it is incredible and I believe its potential is great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts