Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi im new to all the computer overclocking just mainly do mods and build them but i wanted to try some overclockin so i have recently bough my self new CPU and Motherboard.

this is my first a try and im worried about the temp that im getting
i used 'CoreTemp' to check the temp and im getting 'core1 45' 'core2 47' but goes up to 53 when in game.

im also abit worried about the core voltage on my board as it is at 1.40 im not sure if thats ok coz my motherboard auto sets it

the hardware im running

CPU = Core 2 Duo E6320 (running at 2.24gig) with (arctic freezer pro 7)
motherboard = ASUS P5N-E SLI
PSU = 600watt thermaltake toughpower
RAM = 2gig kit crucial
Graphics card = MSI NX7600gt (overclocked) (not much tho)
HDD = 300gig

and the case i have is a Thermaltake Xaser III V1000A

thanks in advanced if anyone can help me

ps not sure if this is in the right place :s

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
First lower the voltage to 1.35v, then to 1.30v see if she handles it, that voltage is too high for such a relatively low clock speed. as for the temperature, the C2D apparently have thier heat sensors right between the cores so its slightly higher than usual, but below 60 is the safe point. so at 53 Degrees C load, you're still good, but the voltage drop should help.

By the way go HERE to enter your full system stats. It's in the right section since it affects BOTH the cpu and the motherboard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well ill drop the voltage then check me temp then up the FBS
thanks alot took alot off me mind

·
Registered
125 Posts
Your idle temps seem a bit high. I would do what Nevaziah said and try lowering your vcore bit by bit and check if your computer still stable along the way. A lower vcore should lower your temps. The best way to check you max load temps would be run Orthos for a while; its also one of the best way to check for system stability. Try to keep your max load temps under 60, anything more is not recommended.

If that doesn't help lower your temps check if your heatsink is seated properly and make sure that you applied your thermal grease properly as well(hopefully AS5 or better).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i droped the voltage on me cpu to 1.30 and normally 40C when idle but still goes to 53C on load :s im going to try reaplying some new thermal pased and me cpu cooler tomoro will ley you know if any change

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well i would like to say it worked
thanks guys im getting 33-35 idle and about 44-45 on full load
im thinking about going higher but my motherboard is droping the speed of my ram if i do so if anyone could give me some help trying to overclock that would be most helpful many thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts