Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have overclocked my e6600 with Asus P5N-E Sli board. to 3GHZ (VID: 13250v and Core temps 33c and 36c) How far can i go ? and what do i do? what settings do you reccommend as i am new to overclocking.

My ram is: Kingston HyperX 6400 DDR2 according to CPU-Z my ram is set to 333.3mhz it is unlinked to my FSB can i rise the ram? if so what to?

This is my first overclock and i need help with what to set vcore to as it is on auto and what to set my ram to.

Hope you understand what im asking.. as im new

Steve

·
Registered
393 Posts
Put your ram to 1:1 , raise the vCore to 1.35V and see where that gets you, try to keep the load temps <60 degrees Celsius. If its stable and temps are Ok, raise the vCore to 1.375 then to 1.4v

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I still cant get past 3.0ghz (1333) with vcore 1.32 I have tried 3.2 ghz with1.40vcore and it does not boot. my temps are around 32c and 36c. My ram is 1:1 (333.3) and timings are the stock 4-4-4-12 im using Kingston Hyperx 6400 800mhz the pc is stable i have tested it with orthos for 8 hours and now i would like help in to get higher to 3.2 or more but still be stable. What can i do to get higher? Any voltages to change or what do i do? I am using stock cooler but i have the antec nine hundred case with 4 fans.

E6600
Asus P5N-E Sli board

Steve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

This is the first time I have ever been on a forum before. So please excuse the n00bness. I too have the ASUS P5N32-E SLI .... at least i will when it gets back from ASUS. I have had to send 2 back now because they wont post. Always after i flash tht bios or try some minor overclocking. Any ideas or articles or books like "Overclocking for dummies" for instance?
I havent had a stable overclock yet and I am hooked on this stuff. lol

·
Banned
16,364 Posts
Those mobo's are not good OC'rs. The Nvidia chipsets are re-known for their in-abilities to OC well [680i excluded]. For starters, the NB's run extremely hot, which leads to chipset instability..then BSOD. Cool your NB with a small fan..it will help get a few more FSB.

Also, turn down the HT link speed to 2x..it will also help keep the NB cooler, and its generally impossible to get a high FSB using anything above 3.5x [these settings are found in your BIOS under the chipset heading I believe].

Last..Ram stability..do you have your timings set manually in your BIOS? Do you know what speed/ or divider, your RAM is currently?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.