Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i need some sound advice since im going a bit nuts here, lol.

i have an e6600 that runs a bit warmer than most, which is fine. i have it oc'd to 3.2, but would like to get to 3.6.

i had the bt cooler, load temps were about 48c
i tried the koolance aquian, but had load temps around 58c, this system wont work well with a 7950gx2 ue to heat from the gpu.

i ordered a tuniq tower 120, but im torn if i should try another wc setup.

my main concern is stability. with tuniq, it virtually maintenance free, however with wc i have to worry about pump failure.
my mobo doesnt have thermal shutdown option in bios. another seperate issue.

should i stick with the tuniq, or try another wc setup?

thanks

frank

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
I had to WC mine...It's dual folding 24/7. OCed to 3.3 it runs at around 45-47c.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
His rad was right next to the GPU exhaust. I just wanted to state that so the watercooling thread crappers aren't throwing this in my face next time they decide to start pulling threads to "prove" that air is better than water.

I'm being honest with you. You really don't need to worry about your pump dying. I'm more than 99% sure you have some form of temp control with that motherboard, if not I'm sure you could find software to do a shutdown for you. A nice, well thought out custom kit will wipe the floor with the tuniq bottom line.

The choice is up to you. Is the extra money worth it? Only you can make that choice.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92 View Post
Well what are you planning on w/cing? just the cpu or your whole rig?
im only oc'ing my cpu, my gpu is oc'd, but the temps didnt go up from stock. So i just wanted to do the cpu.
I just want something that has long life and is stable, as for the oc, i can sit comfortably at 3.2ghz if needed.

Frank

·
Banned
5,638 Posts
I say stick with the tuniq tower 120. Its the top air cooler right now and will beat any water cooling kit thats out right now except ofcourse for the Swiftech ultra kit

·
Registered
3,011 Posts
The Tuniq keeps my C2D at 46 load at 3.6ghz, 1.4v

I've been at 3.8 with 1.5v and loaded 50c which is 10c under the reccomended max temp.

Great cooler

·
Registered
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sladesurfer
View Post

I say stick with the tuniq tower 120. Its the top air cooler right now and will beat any water cooling kit thats out right now except ofcourse for the Swiftech ultra kit

or custom put together kit.

and my BT is keeping my Prescott at 55*C load with more than 1.5v through it in BIOS(actual voltage is lower).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts