Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all got my e6600 duo stable at 3.4 ghz running at 1.42 volt (in bios) however, Everest and cpuid report 1.39 idle, and then drops to 1.37 when orthos is running.

I've tried disabling speedstep in bios to no avail, orthos reports errors after a few minutes without speedstep enabled. Could speedstep have anything to do with the voltage fluctuation as is adjust the vcore "dynamically" or any other ideas as to why im getting lower voltages with stress prime running?

Open to any input, thanks in advance.

·

13,020 Posts
Some motherboard bios' have a thing called Load Line Calibration to compensate for Vdroop. Vdroop is what's happening here. I don't think you'll have that option in your bios.

Speed Step has nothing to do with what's happenning here.

·
Registered
2,970 Posts
even if you have LLC, some people here say to turn it off because it may cause dangerous voltspikes when turned on..

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smex;13021145
even if you have LLC, some people here say to turn it off because it may cause dangerous voltspikes when turned on..
That only happens depending on how you setup the LLC options for it.

But yeah that is normal, especially what you set in the bios will not be what you get in real also. Cause my board gets worse the higher the vcore I set it. Currently my bios is set for 1.3350 and it get like 1.285 and drops to 1.265 under load, which is normal apparently for my board.

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
6,561 Posts
Nothing to worry about. Same thing happens to my board. I get about .02v less during load compared to idle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts