Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, here we go. There are probably 800 threads regarding the E6xxx series thus far, and I'm sure I am about to ask a redundant question. Did I get a good chip? Stepping...?

E6600:

Reads:
6600 SL9S8
L628A378

Please tell me I got a good overclocker....Please!!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Heh WaxShop, Hows mine, just got it from Newegg

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
apparently the "B" stepping is the better clocker, but like WaxShop stated that still is a very nice stepping

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had asked if they had a good stepping, and the cpu "expert" looked at me with dismay. I think she though I said "get to steppin". She hadn't a clue as to what I was referring. Yeah, "expert my ass"...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbzhnsr1 View Post
I had asked if they had a good stepping, and the cpu "expert" looked at me with dismay. I think she though I said "get to steppin". She hadn't a clue as to what I was referring. Yeah, "expert my ass"...
LMAO

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
K here what i found out.

Stepping doesn't do jack. Period. It just doesn't do jack!!!

The best "stepping" is for you to try it out. Thats the best way to see if you're chip performs good or bad.

I had a bunch of E6600 steppings some match with others but the 2 chips perform totally opposite.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jcbzhnsr1 View Post
uh oh, 52C load temps with TAT, is that really bad?
OMG THATS REALLY BAD, UR CONROE IS GOING TO EXPLODE

Its alright, just don't have it running over 60C and u should be fine

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaWaxShop
View Post

Its a nice stepping. The L628B Seems to be the best so far, but the L629 and L630 are doing very well

I'm actually building a box for someone that ordered from Newegg and he got a 28B.

·
Registered
926 Posts
god, 350 on stock voltage, you are killing me my at least 20mhz with stock volts.

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey122687
View Post

K here what i found out.

Stepping doesn't do jack. Period. It just doesn't do jack!!!

The best "stepping" is for you to try it out. Thats the best way to see if you're chip performs good or bad.

I had a bunch of E6600 steppings some match with others but the 2 chips perform totally opposite.

So basically what your saying is steppings mean everything in the whole wide world, and without them we would all perish in a fiery vortex of doubt.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
mine gets up to almost 70 load and i havetn seen a problem whit it yet but then i dont plan on keping it for more than a year anyway

1 - 20 of 21 Posts