Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Forever Noob
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all. I finally got my new cpu cooler installed (stock cooler ran stock settings at 90°C), so it's time to get this baby overclocked just a tad more. I've got it running stable at 3.0Ghz @ 1.2675 (load temps 43°C) but I want to go to 3.2 so my ram can run at stock speeds using 1:1.

However, if I set it up at 3.2 with a 1.3 vCore I get a Prime95 error after 2 hours. Should I crank it up even higher, or adjust other settings?

Some screenies, don't know if you'll need them but there ya go.

(I don't have a camera, so I wrote down my MIT settings)

Code:

Code:
M.I.T.
Robust Graphics Booster: Auto
CPU Clock Ratio: 8x
CPU Host Clock Control: Enabled
CPU Host Frequency (Mhz): 400
PCI Express Frequency (Mhz): 100
C.I.A.2: Disabled
System Memory Multiplier: 2.00
Memory Frequency (Mhz): 800
High Speed DRAM DLL Settings: Option 1
Performance Enchancements: Standard
--
System Voltage Control: Manual
DDR OverVoltage Control: Normal
PCI-E OverVoltage Control: Normal
FSB OverVoltage Control: Normal
(G)MCH OverVoltage Control: Normal
CPU Voltage Control: 1.30000V
Normal CPU Vcore: 1.30000V (I can't change this one, I'm assuming that's a reminder in case you forget...or something?)
Ctrl-F1 brings up ram timings and what-not, I forgot to write them down. I set it on manual and entered the values that were present when it was set on auto just to make sure nothing got altered when I changed my FSB (you can check the values on the cpu-z screenshots). Probably pointless, might be the problem?

Thanks in advance everyone.

·
The Forever Noob
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I upped the dram core by 0.3V (from 1.8V to 2.1V) because I read everywhere ram usually runs at that and mine was running at 1.8V. That seemed to do it. Succesfully ran Intel Burn Test (10 strings of it or what it's called), where before it gave an error after the second or third one. Odd though, seeing as my ram wasn't OC'd.

So, yeah, seems to be stable now. Might run a 24 hour prime95 test next weekend, just to make sure.

·
The Forever Noob
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I heard all e6750s easily hit 3.2 and some can get to 3.6 or higher even? Funny thing is mine was running at 2.0 for the better part of two years. Something went wrong with the C1E or EIST or whatever, and it didn't go to 8x under load. It just stayed at 6x multiplier for a paltry 2 Ghz. Only figured that out when I decided to overclock it. So, to me, it feels like I suddenly have twice the processing power.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Mine is currently running at 3666mhz with my ram at 916mhz, CPU-Z says my vcore is 1.456 under prime95. temps maxed out after 8 hours was 51c. keep trying, I'm sure you can get it to 3333mhz at least! Set your ram to 833 (416ish) to keep your 1:1

Edit:
Correct me if I'm wrong, max vcore for this chip should be around 1.5, yes?

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=1079576

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by frickfrock99 View Post
Man, I can barely get mine to 2.76.
Props man.
Thats not good. My old (2006) cheaper e6400 hit 3.6

·
Registered
659 Posts
I'm getting a stable 3.6ghz on 1.34v.
The only voltage i raised were the vcore and ram.

But i have a questions, If i try and raise fsb any higher than 450 i become unstable
even if i raise the vcore up a notch or two.

Should i be raising other voltages? I've been too afraid to mess with anything.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cid
View Post

I upped the dram core by 0.3V (from 1.8V to 2.1V) because I read everywhere ram usually runs at that and mine was running at 1.8V. That seemed to do it. Succesfully ran Intel Burn Test (10 strings of it or what it's called), where before it gave an error after the second or third one. Odd though, seeing as my ram wasn't OC'd.

So, yeah, seems to be stable now. Might run a 24 hour prime95 test next weekend, just to make sure.

Try 1.9 or 2.0V
You probably have low voltage models so 2.1V might be a bit extreme

On a side-note, 90C on the stock cooler :O? It probably was mounted wrong, Mine runs @ 3.2Ghz with 50C load on the stock cooler.
Gl overclocking it tho ^^

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I'll see what I can do with mine maybe this evening, it's currently on HTPC duty. If I remember correctly 1.3 even netted me 3.33ghz solid, but I'll scope it out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts