Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
With that setup I would wait. At that speed your at 1200 fsb so your pretty much inbetween.

If you have the money go for it.

·
Premium Member
5,699 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFatBloke
View Post

Well I would personally get E6750... 45nm won't be that much of a huge improvement for C2D's.

The Penryns are suppose to smoke the C2D's. I read that out of one of the Maximize PC magazines.

·
Premium Member
11,043 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wire
View Post

The Penryns are suppose to smoke the C2D's. I read that out of one of the Maximize PC magazines.

They do NOT. Penryn chips will only be marginally faster in multimedia applications thanks to SSE4 and slightly larger L2 Cache. Seriously there will be nothing in it. The only CPU that's going to be a BEHEMOTH is Nehalm.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The new 45mn quads and core 2 duo's aren't even that great really. The quad isn't even a true quad core... just two wolfdales together like the Q6600 is two E6600's together.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mhill2029 View Post
They do NOT. Penryn chips will only be marginally faster in multimedia applications thanks to SSE4 and slightly larger L2 Cache. Seriously there will be nothing in it. The only CPU that's going to be a BEHEMOTH is Nehalm.
Wouldn't the shrink to 45nm reduce the amount of energy needed and therefore reduce the heat, resulting in higher overclocks?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFatBloke View Post
The new 45mn quads and core 2 duo's aren't even that great really. The quad isn't even a true quad core... just two wolfdales together like the Q6600 is two E6600's together.
So, Any of you 6600 owners that want to upgrade to my Opty 165, just PM me and we can discuss the cost.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts