Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I've made a thread before, but not I actually know how to overclock and I won't guess and stuff.

So last night I was at 3.2ghz and I bumped up to 3.4ghz and tested all night. It's all stable right now, but what would I need to do to get it up to 3.6-3.8ghz?

The only voltage setting I changed was the vcore and I changed it to 1.3v and it dropped even lower with the vdrop thing.
LL
 

·
Mr.4way SLI
Joined
·
5,522 Posts
You might be ok on the voltage. just up the NB a little and keep trying. if not go in small steps till you get the CPU voltage you need.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
10,389 Posts
I would up the vcore just a bit more, just to make sure you are good (you can turn it back down later). As stated above me, you may need to increase the NB voltage to maintain the 400fsb.

Then I would try a multiplier of 9 with a FSB of 400 for 3.6ghz. I had no problems at 3.6 with my E7200, and mine was not the best OCer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aight, I'll try that after I get back from school. Thanks
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,028 Posts
I don't have any experience with your board but do realize they are regarded as good overclocking boards, however, I have been running my E7200 @ (421x9.5) 4001mhz for 18months now. I have to run the vcore pretty high at ~ 1.40125 which is 1.37 in windows (vdroop mod). I idle at 39/40C and full load on p95 is 67. cpu-z link in my sig.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I take that back, my vcore isn't at 1.3, it is at 1.34375, just vdropped to 1.296. I've tried getting 3.6 with no luck. I've upped the vcore to 1.35625 and cpu term to 1.3 and NB to 1.3 but I'd get an error 3 minutes into Orthos. Am I doing anything wrong or should I just up the vcore by 1-2?

Should I put my NB at 1.4 or maybe even up the PLL to 1.650?(1.550 is default on my board) And I set my vcore 1.36875v and it gets 1.344 after vdrop but it doesn't survive 20-25 minutes on orthos
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slash129 View Post
I take that back, my vcore isn't at 1.3, it is at 1.34375, just vdropped to 1.296. I've tried getting 3.6 with no luck. I've upped the vcore to 1.35625 and cpu term to 1.3 and NB to 1.3 but I'd get an error 3 minutes into Orthos. Am I doing anything wrong or should I just up the vcore by 1-2?

Should I put my NB at 1.4 or maybe even up the PLL to 1.650?(1.550 is default on my board) And I set my vcore 1.36875v and it gets 1.344 after vdrop but it doesn't survive 20-25 minutes on orthos
when it fails a test, give it one more bump of vcore and try again. don't try to make more than one change at a time because you won't be able to tell what made the differenece. NB at 1.4 should be fine for a non-SLI set-up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay, I just tried to get 3.4Ghz with almost all default voltages except the vcore, which I have on 1.3 and I've gotten 24 hours on it stable


And by default voltages I mean my cpu term at 1.200v, my PLL at 1.550, and my NB at 1.100.

And look at those voltages after vdroop...


I'll try and get 3.6ghz tomorrow after this inspiration lol.
LL
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slash129 View Post
Okay, I just tried to get 3.4Ghz with almost all default voltages except the vcore, which I have on 1.3 and I've gotten 24 hours on it stable


And by default voltages I mean my cpu term at 1.200v, my PLL at 1.550, and my NB at 1.100.

And look at those voltages after vdroop...


I'll try and get 3.6ghz tomorrow after this inspiration lol.
just turn that multi up to 9.5!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybastard View Post
my e7200 was one my favorite CPU's.

i had it at 3800mhz for its entire life.

my settings (maybe they could help you).

400fsb
9.5x multi
cpu vcore 1.36v
nb voltage 1.39
memory 1:1 for 800mhz

4hrs+ hours prime stable.
hi5 for VA!!

yeah mine has been a great little chip too, no complaints. 4.0ghz with 1.4125vcore in bios for so long I can't remember, easily more than a year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
For some reason, I keep getting BSOD whenever I'm around a minute or two into Windows. My voltages are: vcore: 1.3875v, cpu term: 1.3v, pll: 1.55v, and NB: 1.4v.

Do I keep pushing the vcore up until I don't or do I raise a different one?
 

·
Data Recovery Engineer
Joined
·
20,225 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by slash129
View Post

I know I've made a thread before, but not I actually know how to overclock and I won't guess and stuff.

So last night I was at 3.2ghz and I bumped up to 3.4ghz and tested all night. It's all stable right now, but what would I need to do to get it up to 3.6-3.8ghz?

The only voltage setting I changed was the vcore and I changed it to 1.3v and it dropped even lower with the vdrop thing.


On my e7300 I needed 1.45v just to get stable. You may have to go naked to get better temps sadly... But I needed about 1.36-1.4v for 3.6 :/

1.5 for 4.0 is what I needed but I was still not completely stable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:


Originally Posted by Penicilyn
View Post

What speed is your RAM running at?

4-4-4-12 at 2.1v (settings the RAM is supposed to be used at)

Quote:


Originally Posted by Lord Xeb
View Post

On my e7300 I needed 1.45v just to get stable. You may have to go naked to get better temps sadly... But I needed about 1.36-1.4v for 3.6 :/

1.5 for 4.0 is what I needed but I was still not completely stable.

Is your e7300 still alive after all that? lol those volts seem high compared to intel's 1.3625v warning, although I think they're just trying to keep you from oc to high because most of the people here have volts much higher than that.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,028 Posts
try loosening your ram timings to 5-5-5-15-2t until you have a stable OC, then try and tighten them back up. Yes, bump the vcore a notch and do a test.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
17,407 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by slash129
View Post

For some reason, I keep getting BSOD whenever I'm around a minute or two into Windows. My voltages are: vcore: 1.3875v, cpu term: 1.3v, pll: 1.55v, and NB: 1.4v.

Do I keep pushing the vcore up until I don't or do I raise a different one?

Drop your multi to x6 and see if, with the same settings, your system throws an error. if it doesnt, then your Ram, FSB and motherboard are all stable. So that would narrow it down to CPU voltage being the reason you cant get stable. By dropping the CPU multi, you are taking the CPU's clock speed out of the equation and just testing that the other components are stable.

If you dont error, then it means you need to add more vcore to get that CPU stable at the clock speed you want to OC to.
 

·
Data Recovery Engineer
Joined
·
20,225 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by slash129
View Post

4-4-4-12 at 2.1v (settings the RAM is supposed to be used at)

Is your e7300 still alive after all that? lol those volts seem high compared to intel's 1.3625v warning, although I think they're just trying to keep you from oc to high because most of the people here have volts much higher than that.

Actually, the 45nm is safe up 1.45v. I sold it and it is still live and kicking! Worked for just fine.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: slash129

·
Registered
Joined
·
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:


Originally Posted by ericeod
View Post

Drop your multi to x6 and see if, with the same settings, your system throws an error. if it doesnt, then your Ram, FSB and motherboard are all stable. So that would narrow it down to CPU voltage being the reason you cant get stable. By dropping the CPU multi, you are taking the CPU's clock speed out of the equation and just testing that the other components are stable.

If you dont error, then it means you need to add more vcore to get that CPU stable at the clock speed you want to OC to.

I'll try this first just to make sure.

Quote:


Originally Posted by mtbiker033
View Post

try loosening your ram timings to 5-5-5-15-2t until you have a stable OC, then try and tighten them back up. Yes, bump the vcore a notch and do a test.

If the suggestion eric gave doesn't work I'll try this.

Edit: No errors running 6x multi. I guess its just the volts are too low I'll bump it up by another one and see if i can get it to not BSOD.

side edit: I just noticed I spelled my psu wrong in my system info thing for about 3 months lol.
 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top