Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought E7500 2,93ghz would easily go beyond 4,0Ghz but it stopped at 3,9Ghz!

3,70ghz at stock voltage: 1,3625v
3,90ghz needs 1,400v
3,96ghz needs 1,4625v
4,00ghz is not stable even at 1,500v

Its a pity considering that I can push my MB bus to at least 400mhz which would give a OC of 4,4Ghz!!!

Can you give me a hint?
Here is my latest stable configuration:

At 4,0ghz
, full load = 59°C with RealTemp (still long way to the 74°C limit)
Prime95 does not give any error during that time. Computer simply reboots after lets say 10min of full load!

WHAT DO YOU THINK IS LIMITING MY SYSTEM?

My computer:
E7500 @11*360mhz Vcore:1.46v, “+12vâ€=12.51v
BUS: 360mhz (MB can do 390mhz+ tested by me previously on E6300)
RAM: 2.1v, 360mhz, 1:1 ratio, Latencies [auto] (all within manufacture limits)
FSB: auto (it has been in [auto] in my previous OC on E6300, which had higher FSB)
MCH: 1,60v (have tried the max 1,65v of the MB and didnt help)
ICH: auto
PCI-X and PCI are locked at 100 and 33 respectively.
MB = P5W DH Deluxe, latest bios2901 (people have reached 420mhz of bus speed on this MB, I have manage 400mhz on my old E6300 and now I cant pass 360ghz on E7500)
PSU = LC Power 550w, Could that be the problem that causes the computer to simply reboot? Here is the rest of the hardware:

HDD = 2x western digital velociraptor on Raid 0 Matrix
HDD = 1x Maxtor 320gb
VGA = Nvidia GeFoce 7600GS 256mb passive cooling (I am not a gamer, I am a photographer that needs a fast single core to work on LightRoom with good response) :)
DVD = 1 plextor
Sound = 1 creative 5.1 player (a cheap one)
TV = Leadtek 2000xp

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Um tone down those volts dont need to kill a chip. Um whats your volt drop. THe only reason I have my volts past 1.3v for my chip is because I have a NFORCE mobo. Try lower volts lower multi and higher FSB

Below is a link that will be able to be more helpful.
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...45nm-club.html

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Could you fill in your system specs please Zuzullo. Or tell us what MB your using? It would make it easier for others to help you that way.\\

Edit: nvm I see it now. Sorry.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maddog7771 View Post
Um tone down those volts dont need to kill a chip. Um whats your volt drop. THe only reason I have my volts past 1.3v for my chip is because I have a NFORCE mobo. Try lower volts lower multi and higher FSB
Edit: Voltage drop on Vcore is from 1.4625v to 1.4240v

As you can see, at 11x multiplier, the max BUS at stock voltage is 336mhz which gives me a 3.7ghz only (11x336). That is why I have been pushing it
But its true that burning 1,4625v to squeeze 296mhz more performance is not really worth it. Thats why I thought I could go way beyond 4ghz with this voltage and I am wondering why this weird limit?!

At 10x multiplier, the max FSB I could achieve was 370mhz at 1,4500v. Anything beyond this will not be stable... and still only 3,7Ghz. (10x370mhz)

HELP!!!

I wonder if the problem is in another component as my power supply?!?!

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Quote:

Below is a link that will be able to be more helpful.
http://www.overclock.net/intel-cpus/...45nm-club.html
I took that much to get to 3.8 on my chip D: 1.5 I couldn't get 4.0 stable but I could get it there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by kurosu View Post
I think set the FSB term volts manually. What are they currently at?

Quote:

Originally Posted by zuzullo View Post
FSB: auto (it has been in [auto] in my previous OC on E6300, which had higher FSB)
Although I have tried running FSB at 1,30v but not even 4mhz more it let me raise it. As I said, I had FSB at nearly 400mhz on my previous OC. So I dont thing that this is the problem. Am I wrong?

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post
I took that much to get to 3.8 on my chip D: 1.5 I couldn't get 4.0 stable but I could get it there.
It can take alot of volts but is it worth in not really. I like my OC could I go further if I pushed yes but i decided that since i fold on my main rig instability would be not worth the extra mhz. And a 1.1Ghz OC is hardly a failure. Like I said drop the multi for the processor to 10 and bring the fsb up also try to keep the ram at a 1:1 ratio. And drop those volts then add them back up.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

It can take alot of volts but is it worth in not really. I like my OC could I go further if I pushed yes but i decided that since i fold on my main rig instability would be not worth the extra mhz. And a 1.1Ghz OC is hardly a failure. Like I said drop the multi for the processor to 10 and bring the fsb up also try to keep the ram at a 1:1 ratio. And drop those volts then add them back up.
I have already answered that to you

Quote:

At 10x multiplier, the max FSB I could achieve was 370mhz at 1,4500v. Anything beyond this will not be stable... and still only 3,7Ghz. (10x370mhz
If I keep at stock voltages and at 10x, it wont even reach 3,7ghz! Thats why something is wrong!

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nv1si0n View Post
First of all you should not have your voltage above 1.3628.

Where do you get this information? It is 1.45.

I am getting sick of this

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by FSF-Foxhound View Post

Where do you get this information? It is 1.45.

I am getting sick of this

You can find this information [here].

I know it is 1.3625v and not 1.4625 as I am using, but I am trying to get better performance by feeding more energy into the chip because nothing else have worked.

Here is some other stable configurations:
E7500 @3.70ghz, 370x10 @1.4500v
E7500 @3.70ghz, 336x11 @1.3625v
E7500 @3.96ghz, 360x11 @1.4625v

I cant get over this!!!
Do you?

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Quote:

You can find this information [here].

I know it is 1.3625v and not 1.4625 as I am using, but I am trying to get better performance by feeding more energy into the chip because nothing else have worked.

Here is some other stable configurations:
E7500 @3.70ghz, 370x10 @1.4500v
E7500 @3.70ghz, 336x11 @1.3625v
E7500 @3.96ghz, 360x11 @1.4625v

I cant get over this!!!
Do you?

alright, let me explain.

What you are referring to is the max safe VID, which is the voltage intel sends the CPU to you stock. Any higher, and i think they just trash the wafer and feed it to hobos.

You want the max safe VOLTAGE.

http://download.intel.com/design/pro...hts/318732.pdf E8XXX and E7XXX

http://download.intel.com/design/pro...hts/320834.pdf -Core i7

That is for the E8000 Series, although they should not be far off from the E7 series, as the e7 series are mid-end wolfdales (from what i see)

·
Registered
345 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FSF-Foxhound View Post
What you are referring to is the max safe VID, which is the voltage intel sends the CPU to you stock. Any higher, and i think they just trash the wafer and feed it to hobos.
lol actually if they cant get the clock stable at 1.36vid then they will just make it a a lower clocked version. like if a e7500 isnt stable at 2.93ghz then they will test it for stability at 2.8ghz and call it an e7400 if it is stable. at least thats how i understand things. they also take things like supply and demand into account.

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by runcmd3 View Post
lol actually if they cant get the clock stable at 1.36vid then they will just make it a a lower clocked version. like if a e7500 isnt stable at 2.93ghz then they will test it for stability at 2.8ghz and call it an e7400 if it is stable. at least thats how i understand things. they also take things like supply and demand into account.
oh i see.

But that's mean, lol, I would never ship a wafer like that out.

Probably what they do though.

·
Registered
345 Posts
yeah but they aren't promising that it will overclock when they sell it to you. not all chips are good. its all about the luck of the draw. but usually there is a higher demand for the lower model chips. so they downclock the better ones.. thats why they hardly ever need to provide 1.36vid.

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by runcmd3 View Post
yeah but they aren't promising that it will overclock when they sell it to you. not all chips are good. its all about the luck of the draw. but usually there is a higher demand for the lower model chips. so they downclock the better ones.. thats why they hardly ever need to provide 1.36vid.
That sounds right.

+rep

·
Premium Member
3,574 Posts
To be honest I think your board is to blame for at least half your troubles, mine gave me all sorts of issues clocking an E4500 not to mention I had to RMA it TWICE.

·
Banned
4,189 Posts
Yeah i agree with giga-failure, who does not have a gigabyte board. (just kidding)

Yeah, probably the board, as it is nearly impossible to receive 2 chips bad in a row.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts