Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should I get the E7600 or AMD Phenom ii x4... the amd is a little more expensive, but i would prefer the intel processor. I would have to buy a new motherboard if I get the AMD, but i would be getting a much faster processor... I will be using the computer 90% gaming (Crysis, Modern Warfare 2, Fallout 3). Which one should I get

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
well, if you would prefer to save a lot of money then just get a e7600. The Phenom II X4 will easily be more of a future proof upgrade tho, but if cash is a concern save yourself some money.

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,348 Posts
The price increase for the 940 CPU is only about $25. I'd go with the AM2+ Phenom II rather than the dual core there. If the price was a bit more spread out, I'd say go with the cheaper, but really, what's the point in buying a CPU that's less than half of the up-to-date core for $25 less?

Besides Phenom IIs kick ass!

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imglidinhere
View Post

The price increase for the 940 CPU is only about $25. I'd go with the AM2+ Phenom II rather than the dual core there. If the price was a bit more spread out, I'd say go with the cheaper, but really, what's the point in buying a CPU that's less than half of the up-to-date core for $25 less?

Besides Phenom IIs kick ass!

This man knows what he is talking about, I'm all for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts