Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya,

My E8400 is idling @ about 30-32C, and is on load @ about 53C *max*. (47C from TJ Max)

445 x 9.0
1.225V (1.200 after VDroop)

That look alright for temps?

Survived 12 hours Orthos with no problems reported at all.

Thanks!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by conductor609
View Post

Those temps are safe, probably good considering you have "some blue gigabyte thing"


Haha, just image searched Google for pics of my cooler. Turns out it's a:

Gigabyte G-Power Pro GH-PDU21-MF
http://www.frostytech.com/articlevie...articleID=1904

Few years old, too.

Thanks guys.
Yeah, I'm thinking of going for 4.2 or higher. (Let's see what 4 sticks of 2GB 800Mhz can do..)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Danbeme32
View Post

Temps look very good..It looks like you can push that chip higher...You might have been blessed with a golden chip....


Thing I'm most worried about is the RAM. Already overclocking it to 890MHz.

Might have to sell off my 8GB and get 4GB of good 1066 to really get this much further... any advice?

Edit: Haven't bumped the NB or anything else besides the VCore.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
838 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
Heya,

My E8400 is idling @ about 30-32C, and is on load @ about 53C *max*. (47C from TJ Max)

445 x 9.0
1.225V (1.200 after VDroop)

That look alright for temps?

Survived 12 hours Orthos with no problems reported at all.

Thanks!

What Revision? With my C0 I can't hit 4005 without at least 1.38V
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
606 Posts
I have a chip very similar to yours. Im running 4.2 @ 1.264 (before vdroop) with no raises to northbridge. Since your 4.0 voltage is only .009 more than mine, i would say my settings will probably work with yours.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
79,147 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sacre
View Post

Heya,

My E8400 is idling @ about 30-32C, and is on load @ about 53C *max*. (47C from TJ Max)

445 x 9.0
1.225V (1.200 after VDroop)

That look alright for temps?

Survived 12 hours Orthos with no problems reported at all.

Thanks!


Hmm, those temps look kind of high considering the low voltage. I mean, they're still low and really safe, but with that voltage, I would think that they'd be lower than that. What are you using to monitor temps?

Also, I just want to agree with what's already been said: I think this is a golden chip. I wish mine could do that. What's your chip's VID? Mine's 1.2500V.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,494 Posts
I agree with the previous posts. Those are decent temps. You could always try re-seating the cooler to see if it makes any difference.

Also... dang! That does look like a good OC'ing chip!

Wanna swap? jk.... but seriously though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Hmm, those temps look kind of high considering the low voltage. I mean, they're still low and really safe, but with that voltage, I would think that they'd be lower than that. What are you using to monitor temps?

Also, I just want to agree with what's already been said: I think this is a golden chip. I wish mine could do that. What's your chip's VID? Mine's 1.2500V.

My room's been very warm lately - running two PCs (mine and my girlfriend's) + a custom router + at LEAST one other I've been working on (working on two other pcs on and off, almost always at least one on) + an XBox 360.
I think I'm on Al Gore's hit list. (Oh, it got so hot in there today that while I was sleeping, I had a dream that the world was ending by burning up)

So the ambients get high. I ran a test, turned EVERYTHING off but my PC, let the room cool down, then tried the temps - went down to ~45 on load.

Once I put the AC unit in the window (starting to get warm) I'll mess with it some more.

VID seems to be 1.1000V, although I'll double check that when I get home from work - seems to good to be true.
Reset BIOS earlier today, voltage is 1.040V in CPUZ @ stock and on Orthos load, with that CIE or whatever turned off.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
79,147 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Sacre
View Post

My room's been very warm lately - running two PCs (mine and my girlfriend's) + a custom router + at LEAST one other I've been working on (working on two other pcs on and off, almost always at least one on) + an XBox 360.
I think I'm on Al Gore's hit list. (Oh, it got so hot in there today that while I was sleeping, I had a dream that the world was ending by burning up)

So the ambients get high. I ran a test, turned EVERYTHING off but my PC, let the room cool down, then tried the temps - went down to ~45 on load.

Once I put the AC unit in the window (starting to get warm) I'll mess with it some more.

VID seems to be 1.1000V, although I'll double check that when I get home from work - seems to good to be true.
Reset BIOS earlier today, voltage is 1.040V in CPUZ @ stock and on Orthos load, with that CIE or whatever turned off.

lol @ crazy dream.


So, what are you using to monitor the temperatures? Since it's a 45nm chip, I'm hoping it's Real Temp.

Also, in addition to disabling C1E, also disable Intel Speedstep (or "EIST), and anything to do with "Spread Spectrum". You may also disable the CPU Thermal Control, or rather, anything with options like "TM1", "TM2", "TM1 & TM2". Check the VID again after disabling all this stuff, and it may be different.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post
lol @ crazy dream.


So, what are you using to monitor the temperatures? Since it's a 45nm chip, I'm hoping it's Real Temp.

Also, in addition to disabling C1E, also disable Intel Speedstep (or "EIST), and anything to do with "Spread Spectrum". You may also disable the CPU Thermal Control, or rather, anything with options like "TM1", "TM2", "TM1 & TM2". Check the VID again after disabling all this stuff, and it may be different.
RealTemp, yes.

And I'll check all the other thermal controls out this weekend. (I work 12 hours shifts 4 days @ 1.5 hr drive each way, so, 4 days out of the week = 0 time for my PC)
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
79,147 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacre View Post
RealTemp, yes.

And I'll check all the other thermal controls out this weekend. (I work 12 hours shifts 4 days @ 1.5 hr drive each way, so, 4 days out of the week = 0 time for my PC)
Whoa, I'm yawning just thinking about that. That sounds intense.

Anyway, I'm happy to see it's Real Temp. hehe
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,236 Posts
Mine passed prime95 for 9 hours with 1.200V at load. Next day while surfing the net my comp froze up and rebooted. From that day I've had to keep increasing the voltage, so don't get your highs up yet
. From this day its at 1.296V at idle and 1.280V load, still testing, 5-6 days have passed and no freezes.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top