Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sadly i just noticed that my overclocking had issues because its C0 revision thus it requires way higher voltages then the cool revision E0.

So i need to know what is a good way to kill it w/o making any leads to wht happened to the chip
so i can RMA it and get proper E0 stepping or money back and get Q9650.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
As my manager used to say, "That's UNETHICAL."

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by pr0bie
View Post

Rub it on the carpet?

I think testing to make shure its dead might kill mobo :<

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
You got what you purchased and if its at 3.9 it performs better than what you were guranteed. If you don't like it why don't you just sell it and then buy what you want? If you stress a cpu hard enough to ruin it you are probably shorting the lifespan of some other component.

·
Banned
887 Posts
hmm seems to be best thing to do here is to overvolt it to 3.0v then watch in amazement as your cpu 'dies' right infront of you
the pun WAS intended folks

·
Registered
174 Posts
y not just say the sh11 doesnt work, its not like newegg [or any other company] is gonna sit there and freeking test it to see if tht sh11 works or not

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuRoc
View Post

You got what you purchased and if its at 3.9 it performs better than what you were guranteed. If you don't like it why don't you just sell it and then buy what you want? If you stress a cpu hard enough to ruin it you are probably shorting the lifespan of some other component.

Idd... genious :O

·
Banned
614 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5starog
View Post

y not just say the sh11 doesnt work, its not like newegg [or any other company] is gonna sit there and freeking test it to see if tht sh11 works or not

What the hell is sh11?

How seven people have repped you is beyond me, but whatever.

And yes, generally, on a higher ticket item like this, they will test it before refunding you your money or giving you a new one. They're businesses, not charities.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts