Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using Easytune i've got it to 3.6 - 1600FSB under load about 50-51c. What temp should i keep it under if i wanna keep it going further?

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by h00chi3 View Post
Go higher. I won't break 60°C, but that is my personal temp level... Those 8400's will go higher!!!
i'm gonna play some games with it tonight at 3.6 and see how it does, tomorrow i'll give it a go at 3.8 or so. thx for the info! i'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
also is there a way to disable the speedstep? thats what makes it automatically raise and lower the multiplier right depending on load? isn't that bad for ocing?

·
Registered
945 Posts
I never disabled my speedstep, and i have quite a big OC on my E7200. Disabling it does nothing to my OC. (There's a bit of discussion in the link in my sig about the multiplier).

And yeah. 8*00's should be able to get close or over 4GHz fairly easily.
And I have this bookmarked: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/22...perature-guide
Really helpful. So the temp limit for yours is up around 80 deg. 50 is actually cool for that series.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by h00chi3 View Post
Go higher. I won't break 60°C, but that is my personal temp level... Those 8400's will go higher!!!
i see you have the same mobo as me, do you have a newly flashed bios or anything?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe1231 View Post
also is there a way to disable the speedstep? thats what makes it automatically raise and lower the multiplier right depending on load? isn't that bad for ocing?
It is really bad for overclocking. You should definitely set it disabled -mode. I think it's the one thing what have made your E8400 unstable.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biatch View Post
It is really bad for overclocking. You should definitely set it disabled -mode. I think it's the one thing what have made your E8400 unstable.
Do you have proof?
And he never said it was unstable, he was worried about the temps.

·
Kickin n screamin
1,776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gabe1231 View Post
Using Easytune i've got it to 3.6 - 1600FSB under load about 50-51c. What temp should i keep it under if i wanna keep it going further?

Why are you using easy tune?
Software Ocing is no good, no matter what.

Use your BIOS, that's why it's there.

Keep it under 65 to be safe.

·
Registered
260 Posts
personally, i dont go over 70C, it seems safe to me.
currently i am running 3.8 on the e8400 at 66C load, it seems sweet as

·
Registered
87 Posts
I found 3.8Ghz to be the sweet spot for fps to heat ratio, but that was with a C0 so things might have changed.
Also overclocking in the bios is the key to a stable system.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts