Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is pathetic... i've been trying to overclock it, but it seems that it wont overclock...
i have p5q pro + e8400 (e0).

i just want it up to 4 ghz

my problem is that game called mohaa freezes sometimes in the main menu, or in the start, it might freeze too before connecting to server... i guess its unstable oc then?

i have tried something like 1.33v for VCORE but wont work, and max. fsb 1.30v, dram 2.10v, sb 1.30v and nb 1.30v highest volts i have tried... should i increase the pll voltage? or something? what voltages would work?!!! help me..

and by the way. 1.25v worked months ago for VCORE..
and i ram runs 5-5-5-18 (450 mhz, +890mhz in bios) lol

HELP! how to get it stable and fast working....

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
might it be because high temps? i have usually under 50c with 1.30v (vcore).... mb is around 45c. i dont know about nb, sb or ram.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Can you post all your bios settings?

Edited missed the second post...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by shughard
View Post

Have you done any stress testing?

Can you post all your bios settings?

that will take a while, but okay then. going in bios now!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Also what Bios ver are you running. I have heard of people having trouble with p5q bios with certain brands of ram. I am use a modded bios that I got here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=200109

It is easy to flash with a p5q all you need is a usb jump drive.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i am currently running my E8400 at 1.408vcore and its stable in prime95 for 3 hours now. 445x9 max temp was 56C. i cant believe my cheap PNY ram is stable at 890mhz at 2volts.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by shughard
View Post

Also what Bios ver are you running. I have heard of people having trouble with p5q bios with certain brands of ram. I am use a modded bios that I got here:
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=200109

It is easy to flash with a p5q all you need is a usb jump drive.

i can do it with a cd-rom too, and i have newer than default bios version, its probably newest, NOT SURE. but yes...

·
Banned
12,758 Posts
Is anything else OC'd at all, like memory, or your GPU(s)? Make sure to OC one thing at a time, so when something goes wrong you have a better idea of which piece of hardware is the culprit.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
CPU RATIO: [09.0]
FSB FREQUENCY: [445]
PCIE FREQUENCY: [100]
FSB STRAP TO NORTH BRIDGE: [AUTO]
DRAM FREQUENCY: [DDR2-891MHZ]
CAS LATENCY: 5
RAS TO CAS DELAY: 5
RAS PRECHARGE: 5
RAS ACTIVATE TO PRECHARGE: 18
OTHERS ON AUTO...
DRAM STATIC READ CONTROL: [DISABLED]
DRAM READ TRAINING: [DISABLED]
MEM. OC CHARGER: [DISABLED]
AI CLOCK TWISTER: [AUTO]
AI TRANSACTION BOOSTER: [AUTO]

CPU VOLTAGE: [1.30000]
CPU GTL REFERENCE: [AUTO]
CPU PLL VOLTAGE: [AUTO]
FSB TERMINATION VOLTAGE: [1.28]
DRAM VOLTAGE: [1.98]
NB VOLTAGE: [1.26]
SB VOLTAGE: [AUTO]
PCIE SATA VOLTAGE: [AUTO]

LOAD-LINE CALIBRATION: [DISABLED]
CPU SPREAD SPECTRUM: [DISABLED]
PCIE SPREAD SPECTRUM: [DISABLED]
CPU CLOCK SKEW: [AUTO]
NB CLOCK SKEW: [AUTO]
CPU MARGIN ENHANCEMENT: [PERFORMANCE MODE]

C1E SUPPORT: [DISABLED]
MAX CPUID VALUE LIMIT: [DISABLED]
INTEL VIRTUALIZATION TECH: [DISABLED]
CPU TM FUNCTION: [DISABLED]
EXECUTE DISABLE BIT: [DISABLED]

some of my settings are causing problems?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by lordikon
View Post

Is anything else OC'd at all, like memory, or your GPU(s)? Make sure to OC one thing at a time, so when something goes wrong you have a better idea of which piece of hardware is the culprit.

memory is, omg.... of course if i have oc'ed cpu.. gpu not, but i have overclocked it sometimes, but not when i play now this game.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by fstfrddy
View Post

I am not familiar with your board but in my BIOS there is the CPU VTT voltage (that is volTage Termination). I have to run it close to V core to remain stable. My NB is at 1.5V and running the RAM on a 1:1 divider.

my divider is 1:1 too. and 1.5 is very high IMO? 1.4v not needed for that...

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cpu ratio: [09.0]
fsb frequency: [445]
pcie frequency: [100]
fsb strap to north bridge: [auto]
dram frequency: [ddr2-891mhz]
cas latency: 5
ras to cas delay: 5
ras precharge: 5
ras activate to precharge: 18
others on auto...
Dram static read control: [disabled]
dram read training: [disabled]
mem. Oc charger: [disabled]
ai clock twister: [auto]
ai transaction booster: [auto]

cpu voltage: [1.30000]
cpu gtl reference: [auto]
cpu pll voltage: [auto]
fsb termination voltage: [1.28]
dram voltage: [1.98]
nb voltage: [1.26]
sb voltage: [auto]
pcie sata voltage: [auto]

load-line calibration: [disabled]
cpu spread spectrum: [disabled]
pcie spread spectrum: [disabled]
cpu clock skew: [auto]
nb clock skew: [auto]
cpu margin enhancement: [performance mode]

c1e support: [disabled]
max cpuid value limit: [disabled]
intel virtualization tech: [disabled]
cpu tm function: [disabled]
execute disable bit: [disabled]

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Originally Posted by Robilar
CPU VTT is the most important setting for stable overclocks. The CPU VTT Voltage sets the CPU termination voltage, allowing for a 1.55V maximum. Using this voltage in combination with the CPU VCore voltage setting can greatly enhance the system stability while overclocked. The system memory reference voltage is split between settings, the controller reference voltage and one option each for the two memory channels. In all cases, the base reference voltage can be set to a maximum of .03V over half of the set memory voltage. (Taken from HardOCP)
"In summary, the CPU VTT controls the CPU termination voltage. Based on Kirmie's observations, it reduces the number of false electrical signals by providing a form of "ground" to pull out these false currents. ." (Credit to Kirmie for the find) My experience with this board is that the max setting (1.55) provides the best results. I have not had a single crash or temperature variation as a result.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by fstfrddy
View Post

originally posted by robilar
cpu vtt is the most important setting for stable overclocks. The cpu vtt voltage sets the cpu termination voltage, allowing for a 1.55v maximum. Using this voltage in combination with the cpu vcore voltage setting can greatly enhance the system stability while overclocked. The system memory reference voltage is split between settings, the controller reference voltage and one option each for the two memory channels. In all cases, the base reference voltage can be set to a maximum of .03v over half of the set memory voltage. (taken from hardocp)
"in summary, the cpu vtt controls the cpu termination voltage. Based on kirmie's observations, it reduces the number of false electrical signals by providing a form of "ground" to pull out these false currents. ." (credit to kirmie for the find) my experience with this board is that the max setting (1.55) provides the best results. I have not had a single crash or temperature variation as a result.

w t f

should i test this modded bios: p5q pro 2102m.rom

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
What cpu cooler are you using?

What are you using to measure your temps while you stress test?

Heat plays a HUGE factor in getting your system stable when you're overclocking. You're voltages are not insanely high but if you are using the stock cpu cooler while you test it out that may be the problem.

Grab a cooler and your cpu will thank you for it. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
3,481 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Biatch
View Post

my divider is 1:1 too. and 1.5 is very high IMO? 1.4v not needed for that...

It is a little high and I had to add cooling to the NB to do it, but a lot of people run their Blood Irons there. I recently put in this 8400 and have not lowered it to try yet. I needed it to get my previous 6850 close to 4ghz though I may not need it for this.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts