Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
already posted this once before. but now its just annoying me because i dont know what my actual temps are.
my temps are idle at
realtemp: core 1: 47 core 2: 32
core temp: core 1:52 core 2: 37

basically something is jacked up with my core 1. i have reseated my cooler 3 times. all 3 times i almost punched my cooler of how frustrated i became with the push pins.

whats wrong?!?

·
Premium Member
7,146 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 500sd View Post
already posted this once before. but now its just annoying me because i dont know what my actual temps are.
my temps are idle at
realtemp: core 1: 47 core 2: 32
core temp: core 1:52 core 2: 37

basically something is jacked up with my core 1. i have reseated my cooler 3 times. all 3 times i almost punched my cooler of how frustrated i became with the push pins.

whats wrong?!?

Your cooling passively too...might account for higher temps. Maybe you need to lap the heatsink?

·
Registered
244 Posts
What realtemp version are you using? If it's an older one from 3.0 you will have to set the TJ max from 90 to 100. And yes i would probably look for a bit better cooling

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by kaivorth
View Post

Your cooling passively too...might account for higher temps. Maybe you need to lap the heatsink?

i didnt have this problem before with my e6320.
i have an exhaust fan right next to my heatsink, as well as an intake fan in the front of my pc. i dont think mid 30s are bad temps...unless the apocalypse is coming

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anybody know whats wrong?
i want to start overclocking but i cant unless i know my real temps...

·
Registered
301 Posts
A temp difference is normal, with any dual core chip. Mine is normally 3-5c different.
And from searching around google, this forum and other forums, apparently others with similar intel ships have also had an 8-12c difference in cores.

And I have seen no real fix for the issue anywhere.
But my take on it, as others have said, is its probably on off sensor.
have you tried running prime95 for a couple hours on stock to see what temps you get on a full load?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts