Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am stuck at 3.6 stable at 3.7 its unstable i get like memory dump or something like that when trying to to boot into windows I really want to hit 4.0GHz. A lot of info on my pc is in my sig rig if you need anymore info LMK!

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
i had a e8400 i think it was a co stepping, i only was able to get 3.8ghz with 1.36v. could be your memory holding you back, i like corsair good memory try pc2 1066. but try a loser timming and more voltage.
you might need to get a e0 stepping.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericeod
View Post

What are your voltages, ram settings, ram divider and FSB speeds (are you using the 9x multi)? Any CPU-Z screenshots of the CPU and memory tabs?

Well volts for my cpu is 1.3 my ram volts is 2.0 with timing in my sig rig multiplier is 9x I'll get pics tomorrow im currently not at my pc atm,

·
Premium Member
3,241 Posts
Up the CPU voltage to 1.36, and make sure thats what it is after vdroop. My e8400 (C0) does 4.1 on 1.35, but I havent even tried to go lower, I just set it to there and away I went.

I also unlinked my ram, so it would stay at its stock speed. If you unlink, no need to consider memory as a hold-back.

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Drop your multiplier and set your FSB to 1800 (450) then keep your multi at 7 or 8 and stress test

if that fails, its not your CPU, its your motherboard or RAM.

if that passes, bump up multi and test using different GTLLref volts or FSB volts (Not NB, FSB, different stuff)

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by superk
View Post

Up the CPU voltage to 1.36, and make sure thats what it is after vdroop. My e8400 (C0) does 4.1 on 1.35, but I havent even tried to go lower, I just set it to there and away I went.

I also unlinked my ram, so it would stay at its stock speed. If you unlink, no need to consider memory as a hold-back.

were do I go in BIOS to unlink it?

·
Premium Member
17,407 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by superk
View Post

No idea.. never used that board before... chances are it will be somewhere in the section that configures your cpu(speeds/multi), or memory (speeds/timings)

You cant unlink ram on Intel chipsets. That is only on NVIDIA. All the OP can do is set the memory divider to the lowest (1:1) to clock the ram at it's lowest possible clock.

And OP, you have to add NB voltage as you increase the FSB speed. I am guessing your problem is down to two things;

1. Your ram is running out of spec since you have increased the FSB but have not chnaged the divinder.

2. The NB voltage needs to be at least 1.35v to try and run a 400 FSB OC.

Also note that there is an OCN thread on OCing this board:
http://www.overclock.net/intel-mothe...on-thread.html

Here is a thread at XtremeSystems on this board:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D1%26hl%3Den

·
Intel Overclocker
266 Posts
I have CO and was able to 4.0 even I didn't like the voltage that high. Dropped it back to 3.91 @ 1.3v

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
Lol C0 stepping was good, its the C1 and up that suck.

Like I said before, use a low muliplier and raise your FSB and work on getting that stable, even if it is 2.6ghz, if you got the 450FSB stable you are highly likely to get your 4ghz stable afterward

1 - 12 of 12 Posts