Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

My E8400 is acting weirdly on my DFI P45-T2RS. When I first change the Vcore in the BIOS (to +250.000..i forget the units). When I reboot, the BIOS reads reads 1.42v (stupidly high). Then when I reboot again, it goes down to 1.36v in BIOS and in HWmonitor.

What is going on?

C1E/Speedstep have been turned off.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
How long has this been going on? Could be fixed with a bios update (or roll back). Could be a power supply issue as well.
Verify if you have a current version of HWMonitor. Use the current version of CPU-Z.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Got any voltages at "auto"?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by lenzo
View Post

How long has this been going on? Could be fixed with a bios update (or roll back). Could be a power supply issue as well.
Verify if you have a current version of HWMonitor. Use the current version of CPU-Z.

This has been going on since I got the board...maybe...5 months ago. I'll check for updated versions of HWmonitor and CPU-Z

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy
View Post

Got any voltages at "auto"?

Nope. I've set all the voltages.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sounds like the BIOS setting isn't sticking, perhaps there's some safety feature that sets it back to a "safe" figure? It would help a lot to know what you changed the vcore to. Whatever the case, its almost certainly an issue with the board, not the processor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.