Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the max voltage I can push through my CPU for a very quick suicide run? I just need the CPU to be stable enough to boot into windows and run one test of super pi, so the computer will be on for a grand total of about 5 minutes. Temps shouldn't really be an issue because of the short time it will be running. I have already booted at 1.4 volts and I'm reluctant to go higher.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
1.55 is the ABSOLUTE MAX MAX MAX on air honestly and thats just too high really. 1.65 for water id say. i run 24/7 @ 1.4v so 1.55 shouldn't kill it. Thats with a mugen 2 btw

(edit)

whats your goal with the super pi run? just trying to see max possible OC?

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to get below 10, but I really just do not think that is possible on air. I guess 10.5 will have to do. Basically yeah I'm trying to get a max possible semi-stable overclock.

EDIT: Actually on second thought maybe it is possible. I got 11.2 at 4.2 Ghz, and that was only using 1.4 volts. I have noticed super pi runs don't even make me hit my max temps. Maybe only like 60% or so, but I just don't want to put like 1.6 volts through my CPU and kill it. I just don't have the money to buy a new one lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts