Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the EA website I couldn't help that notice that it said the PC game servers for Battlefield 3 were "up." This had me wondering if there were official game servers for the PC version of Battlefield 3. Unfortunately, I went to EA support for help. Below is my experience:

You are now ready to chat with Prashant.
Prashant:
Thanks for contacting EA Help! My name is Prashant how may I help you?
you:
Are there official game servers for the PC version of Battlefield 3?
Prashant:
Yes.
you:
What are they named?
Prashant:
easo.ea.com
Prashant:
Could you elaborate your issue?
you:
In the PC build of the popular video game Battlefield 3, does EA or DICE host official servers that players can play on? If so, what are they called in the server browser?
Prashant:
Its easo.ea.com
you:
How can I connect to that?
Prashant:
Ping on server and connect.
you:
Unfortunately, Battlefield 3 must be launched through battlelog.battlefield.com and there is no option to directly connect to a server. Is that done through the console?
Prashant:
No you can't do do that.
you:
So how do I connect to easo.ea.com?
Prashant:
You can't do that.
you:
Then how do I connect to the official EA servers?
Prashant:
You can't do that because you don't have permission.
you:
But you just told me I could connect to the official EA Battlefield 3 servers?
Prashant:
No you can't connect .
you:
I quote "you: In the PC build of the popular video game Battlefield 3, does EA or DICE host official servers that players can play on? If so, what are they called in the server browser? Prashant: Its easo.ea.com you: How can I connect to that? Prashant: Ping on server and connect."
you:
You told me there are official game servers. From saying "Ping on server and connect," I implied that I could connect the the server. Could you please elaborate?
Prashant:
But you can't ping. I had only told you option but you don't have permission.
you:
Please let me clarify. So there are official game servers for the PC build of Battlefield 3, but I don't have permission to access them? Then why on https://help.ea.com/en/battlefield/battlefield-3 does it say the PC game servers are "up"?
Prashant:
That means server are working they show server status UP and DOWN.
The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
well sometimes they give you free stuff, oh well
tongue.gif

·
DIY Guy
1,439 Posts
*facepalm*
This is just SAD. They get tons of money from us and yet they hire incompetent people as their support staff?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts