Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Go here and download the [email protected] zipped file.

Unzip the Package.

Find the [email protected] application in the location you unzipped it to
Double click
It will open the control panel
Enter your user name and team 37726.

Boom you are now folding on a Nvidia GPU.

This is not my idea I just compression of nafljhy's GPU folding without a service install found here. Link

If there are any problems or issues let me know. Folding should be easier so this is my attempt to make it so.

Fold on team OCN!!

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by [pi] View Post
Between this and error10's VMware guide, this is all so simple now. Yay!

You would think Stanford would make it this easy wouldn't you.

BTW glad you like it.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmmmm. I just downloaded it and the cudart.dll is in the folder, I can actually see it. I was able to start it folding as well. I also tried this on three different OS's. Dang it. Are you not able to see it?

Perhaps one of the ATI people can tell me if there is a different cudart.dll file for the ATI cards? Or better yet perhaps one of the ATI folders could download this and give it a shot and let me know if it's not working for them. If so I will relabel the subject.

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden View Post
Hmmmm. I just downloaded it and the cudart.dll is in the folder, I can actually see it. I was able to start it folding as well. I also tried this on three different OS's. Dang it. Are you not able to see it?

Perhaps one of the ATI people can tell me if there is a different cudart.dll file for the ATI cards? Or better yet perhaps one of the ATI folders could download this and give it a shot and let me know if it's not working for them. If so I will relabel the subject.
No, cudart.dll is there, but it wants nvcuda.dll.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtn400 View Post
No, cudart.dll is there, but it wants nvcuda.dll.
Okay I understand now. Sorry, speed read it and just was . . . well an idiot.
Hmmm. I think that's in the Cuda drivers. If I post a link to it could you download it and place it in the folder?

Here it is. If this works please let me know as I will need to change the original post.
Link

I really want this as easy as possible, that's all I'm shooting for.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dee. View Post
Kind of off topic but can I run GPU2 and the cpu folding client or will I need to use the SMP client?
You can use which ever CPU client you wish. Some use the normal one, but that's only about 300PPD. Some use SMP and that can be good. I personally use error10's VMware/Linux SMP and get close to 4.5K PPD on this machine and 3+K PPD on a stock Q6600 which is also GPU folding.

·
Premium Member
4,687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tufelhunden
View Post

Okay I understand now. Sorry, speed read it and just was . . . well an idiot.
Hmmm. I think that's in the Cuda drivers. If I post a link to it could you download it and place it in the folder?

Here it is. If this works please let me know as I will need to change the original post.
Link

I really want this as easy as possible, that's all I'm shooting for.

I tried dropping it in the [email protected] folder, it still asks for it. I tried putting it in System32, and I'm getting the same results.

Are you using the Nvidia distro? This is the one you should be using.

·
Premium Member
4,938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtn400
View Post

I tried dropping it in the [email protected] folder, it still asks for it. I tried putting it in System32, and I'm getting the same results.

Are you using the Nvidia distro? This is the one you should be using.

That's the problem!! I used the Nvidia only one. Sigh. I will edit the OP. Thanks. Perhaps this weekend I will download the ATI/Nvidia one and change it. Or you could copy your GPU folder and upload it for an ATI one and make a similar thread.

BTW Thank you for your help!!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtn400
View Post

"This application has failed to start because nvcuda.dll was not found."

you need cuda. get the latest drivers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts