Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who doesn't know about this, you can download motionjoy and easily use your ps3 dual shock 3 on your pc, works via the usb cable and via bluetooth!

Very easy to setup. I've been playing batman: arkham asylum on my pc with my dual shock 3 controller and it's awesome! In that instance I used the feature that allows the ds3 to emulate an xbox 360 controller because arkham asylum is one of those silly games that only uses xbox controllers on pc.

http://www.motioninjoy.com/

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Nice! I know I tried it years ago but then you had to hack stuff and bla bla, don't know anymore...

So just install the software version 0.6.0004 or do I have to install something els on that website?

I have bluetooth in my P8P67 Deluxe (via usb)

Or I can use my 5m long USB cables if needed
wink.gif

Thx

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Does it work with 64-bit?

·
Registered
156 Posts
I tried doing this a year or a bit ago and got nowhere quickly. I shall certainly be trying this out when I get home! +rep if it works
wink.gif
ha cheers pal!

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I'm using it as well actually, works like a charm when set to xbox360 controller emulation. Only downside with that is that you have to learn the 360's button layout
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSfreak;15353013
I have bluetooth in my P8P67 Deluxe (via usb)
I have the same motherboard and recall reading something on the motioninjoy website about it not working over bluetooth on the ASUS motherboards that have built in bluetooth. As such, haven't been able to use it over bluetooth thusfar.

edit: @Andrews2547: I have x64 7 Ultimate and it works like a charm here

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
It does work on 64-bit unlike other DS3 drivers I have tried to use. I have just smashed my Live For Speed lap time by 5 seconds now that I have proper control over the brakes and accelerator
biggrin.gif
. This is a brilliant driver thing.

·
Registered
652 Posts
MotionInJoy is an amazing program. I've been using it for the past couple of years to play every single PC game, games like: Witcher2, MW2, Crysis 1 & 2, MoH '10/BC2, BF3 Beta. It's so much more convenient than mouse + kb for me since I play on my couch on a 47" LCDTV. The wireless works perfect whether your using your motherboards on-board bluetooth or a Bluetooth dongle.

In 90% of games I emulate as a xbox 360 gamepad since no game really has PS3 gamepad support only 360 and it works phenomenal.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547;15353336
It does work on 64-bit unlike other DS3 drivers I have tried to use. I have just smashed my Live For Speed lap time by 5 seconds now that I have proper control over the brakes and accelerator
biggrin.gif
. This is a brilliant driver thing.
Yup it's wicked, it has the 64-bit version that's what I'm using. It even recognizes six axis, not sure what you would use it for but it was showing in the calibration tool.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yup been using it for years also. Makes playing Driver SF more enjoyable and Rage pretty fun too. Although the mouse is way easier with the sniper rifle.

But I like to play on my 40" TV so the wireless controller is 100x better.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by WC_EEND
View Post

I'm using it as well actually, works like a charm when set to xbox360 controller emulation. Only downside with that is that you have to learn the 360's button layout

PS3 and 360 have the same layout only difference is where the d-pad is located...

Also, I'll have to check this out cause I have a wired 360 controller that I use however if I want to play some 2-player on like SFIV or something this will come in very handy.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i can't find the drivers to download... I just gets crapware to download?

·
Super Moderator
14,133 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damage82;15359591
i can't find the drivers to download... I just gets crapware to download?
That "crapware" is what you use to configure the controller.

·
WCG Enthusiast
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KusH;15353713
PS3 and 360 have the same layout only difference is where the d-pad is located...
I believe he meant layout as in the Xbox X, Y, A, B vs the PS3's square, circle, triangle, x arrangement. Games that are set to use the 360 controller will say Press A to continue, so you will need to learn A is equivalent to X on the PS3 controller, etc.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
facemoods is not what I needed, but found the correct software, thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts