Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I sold an old CPU on ebay at the weekend and the guy hasnt paid me and its been 4 days!

What should I do?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah but I want the cash and wrid of the CPU, I cant be botherd selling it all over again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT668
View Post

Sucks! Can I report him to ebay?

im no guru but im pretty damned sure you can.

he clicked that button saying 'commit to buy'

have you sent him an email asking if he is going to cough up?

if not:

Report him dude

Peace out

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I have sent him 3 emails saying please can you pay!

He hasnt even replied with any excuses.

·
Registered
112 Posts
RE-E-PORT

in truth ebay will prolly only give him a slap on the wrists and then turn to you and tell you to relist it.

my GF does alot of ebay selling and apparently its not actually that friendly to sellers.

this post might be largly opinion but i would definatly make ebay give him a wake up call

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have checked and I have to wait until tomorrow before I can report him for non payment.

So he has until 12PM tonight to pay me!

·
Premium Member
23,134 Posts
Basically eBay is rigged to protect the buyer. You cannot leave negative feedback for buyers, only for sellers. He can leave negative feedback for you even if he never pays you and it can never be erased. If you value your ebay trader rating you need to work with each and every buyer no matter what kind of PITA they are or soon you will have a poor rating and find it difficult to gain the trust of other buyers.

Yes you can report him for non payment, but in truth you must do everything possible first to work it out with him. If he turns out to be a dead beat by all means report him but that is the last step.

·
Premium Member
4,489 Posts
I've had this happen to me before. After you wait the alloted amount of time (3 or 5 days or something like that), just open an "non paying bidder" dispute. Ebay will then try contacting the buyer and prompt them to pay for the auction. If they don't, I think they get a small penalty and Ebay allows you to relist for free.

In my situation, the prompt form Ebay was enough to get my non-paying bidder to pay up. Maybe that will do the trick for you too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts