Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
11,913 Posts
Search for an item you want to buy via MSN search. You'll see a link at the top that will say something like "Save 30% when you buy on eBay".

Click that link and browse ebay until you find what you're looking for. You MUST use "Buy it Now" and the seller MUST use PayPal. When you click buy it now, you'll see a little picture of MSN Live Cashback telling you how much money youll recieve back.

After you buy it, you'll get a message from ebay saying you've earned cashback. Create an MSN live account and the funds will be added. You have to wait 60 days to receive your cashback.

It sucks having to wait for the money but its a nice little bonus 60 days after youve forgotten about it.

· Avid Memer
5,974 Posts
Did we really need a completely new thread for this?

· Avid Memer
5,974 Posts
Go to live.com, search hdtv and a link to eBay should pop up mentioning 30% cash back.

· Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ElMikeTheMike View Post
Search for an item you want to buy via MSN search. You'll see a link at the top that will say something like "Save 30% when you buy on eBay".

Click that link and browse ebay until you find what you're looking for. You MUST use "Buy it Now" and the seller MUST use PayPal. When you click buy it now, you'll see a little picture of MSN Live Cashback telling you how much money youll recieve back.

After you buy it, you'll get a message from ebay saying you've earned cashback. Create an MSN live account and the funds will be added. You have to wait 60 days to receive your cashback.

It sucks having to wait for the money but its a nice little bonus 60 days after youve forgotten about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chessmyantidrug View Post
Go to live.com, search hdtv and a link to eBay should pop up mentioning 30% cash back.
Just to clarify and append to elmikethemike's post:

You don't have to search msn for the object you actually want to buy.
There are many "trigger searches" on msn; In fact it seems all you really need is Cheap xyz
(You're missing that bit, Chess- could be why nobody's seeing the link pop up
)
Cheap Wii
Cheap ps2
Cheap computer
Cheap lcd
etc. etc,

Once you're on ebay you have 1 hour to purchase your Cashback item of choice. (called your "session")
Only the first item you purchase will qualify!
You only get a total of twelve uses of this cashback (per ebay &/or Paypal acount- so don't go wasting your "cashbacks" on $3.60 off a $12 DVD

The maximum rebate per item is $200- so you really want to be buying items that are in the $650- $670 price range.

If you really feel like being spendy

You can log out from your ebay account and immediately log right back in (using the methods described) to initiate a fresh 1 Hour "session"!

As well as the requirements for the item being a BuyitNow item and you using Paypal
You MUST also complete your checkout using ebay-checkout.

If there is a SNAFU while purchasing the item and you buy it without completing the ebay checkout procedure.
EBay WILL deny your M$ cashback claim!!!
(Ebay will disqualify your purchase from being eligible even if MS deems it as qualifying and is still willing to pay the "cashback"amount!

I ran into an issue with a sellers Paypal account being temporarily down/offline!

This popped up at the "log on to Paypal to complete the transaction" step of the purchase!
(For those of you that are frequent ebayers- you'll note this is after you've supposedly finished the Ebay CheckOut-

You're just confirming the details with Paypal
; the recipient. the amount, etc. then selecting how you want Paypal to fund the transaction...
then authorising them (Paypal) to do so!)

The only thing that even remotely relates to ebay after that step is the "pop up" button that says:
"congratulations"
"Thank You For buying on Ebay"
"click OK to close this window"
or something just as trivial.

-So anyway...
I just paid to one of their alternate ebay acounts- thought nothing of it!
I Marked the item as "payment sent" (Still thru Paypal)
They marked it as "payment received"- This closed the auction!

Wait a second; Where's My :swearing: $$$ cashback confirmation?????
Ebay: "So Sorry.... you didn't check out using Ebay Checkout"
Me: "But, but, but, Yes I did! *explains the situation*
I still paid with Paypal....
...It was still a BuyitNow item...
...It was still closed within my Hour "session"...
Ebay: Nope, sorry you must checkout with Ebay Checkout

Me: but, I was already past Ebay Checkout when their Paypal had an error....

Ebay: Still NO , the sale was not finished until the auction was closed ...
...You must completely check out with ebay checkout!

Me: but, all I did was change the paypal recipient name....
Ebay: No dice - You clicked "Payment sent?!?!?!!!"
"Me: Yeah, that's the only way I could get the auction to close...
Ebay: Well, there you go then, you shouldn't have clicked that... You must check out with ebay checkout..... *rewinds tape*

Me: But, I've already contacted M$...
Even they say it is still a qualifying item and they'll pay it!...
Why should it matter to you guys? M$ are the ones paying it.....Just mark it as 'qualifying' "
Ebay: "You didn't complete.... we cannot do that ...You must completely check out using ebay checkout.... Is there anything else I may assist you with today....
.... NO SOUP FOR YOU........
Me: :swearing:
and
....click!

Just a precautionary tale!
If anything seems dodgy- back out and start over!
EBay will NOT work with you after the fact!!!
at all, none, Zilch, big fat NADA

Cheers anyway

[edit] and no Chess, we really didn't need a new thread, but rather than Quote and copy that whole one up here.... (Sorry..Obscure Alice's Restaurant reference- Turkey Day an' all...)

· Premium Member
2,044 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by highoctane View Post
Does anyone know how long this ebay cash back promotion will last? There's several big items that I want to buy but just don't have the funding at the moment.
It's been going on for months now, Just the % "cashback" amount fluctuates!
as low as 5% and as high as 30% - I've heard rumors that it went up to 35% once. but, I never saw it.

[edit] If you go to the other Cashback thread there is a link there to a page that updates daily with the current % and also lists some of the current "trigger" searches.

· Avid Memer
5,974 Posts
No, I wasn't missing anything. I go to live.com and search "hdtv" and it shows up. Every time. Without fail. I don't have to put "cheap" in there anywhere.

· Premium Member
6,455 Posts
This is instant for some items now. I'm not sure what makes it instant. As I bought 4 items within 2 day of each other and 2 were not instant and 2 were.

I kinda think it depends on the buyer or perhaps the type of item....

I bought a G9 and Razer Lycosaand I ahve to wait 60 days for both.

Then I bought a 24" Dell and a Steelseries mousepad and both were instant.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.